Google+ What I Made Today: Delicious Layers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Delicious Layers

I continued to make layers in the art journal. Remember these earlier layers?

And remember the black gesso I mentioned last week? I made layers on top of that, and played with a matt-finish gel, pigment and cut up pages from another art journal.

I made time to rack five gallons of ale ...

... and one gallon of rhubarb wine ... and another gallon of rhubarb mead.

I made a simply delicious pasta dinner with my classic Italian pesto of sweet basil, garlic and pignoli nuts. I made time to watch the Giants cream Dallas too.

Ah, such delicious layers of life!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

yum! :)

Luthien Thye said...

very intriguing.. the art journal. hmm... i must find out more on this :) went into zom's link as well... cool! cool! thanks!

Plum Blossom Lane said...

Looks like you had a busy day. Love the journal.

Marjorie said...

Beautiful artwork! The pasta sounds yummy!

Forever Foxed said...

Sounds delish! Am going to read older posts to find out more about the art journal...

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I haven't used black gesso yet. I love the look!

On Halloween we opened up the blueberry mead we started on the Summer Solstice. It was yum! I bet the rhubarb must be great!

melissa said...

Busy busy. Sound Yummy!

Lucas said...

a very good day
but, sorry, I never understand the meaning of art journal. I don't have this word in my language (portuguese). Could you tell me?

sage said...

Pasta sounds Delicious!

;)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

luthien - To me, the art journal is just like any journal or diary, except that it merges art into the expressions there. Does that make sense?

I use mine much in the same way as I use my written journal. Both are forms of medicine for me, though I find the art journal facilitates focused healing and growth more efficiently and effectively. I like writing words and being able to layer and/cover them with paint and other imagery ...

It helps me create new relationships with challenges and and nurture positive and sustaining growth.

That may not help ... and it's only the tip of the iceberg ... and I could go on ...

But just think of keeping a journal with images and art technique ... rather than with words.

:)]

PS Some artists use the art journal purely for idea generation and technique experimentation.

Grace said...

awesome journal!