Google+ What I Made Today: Meaning & Value & Tea, Oh My!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Meaning & Value & Tea, Oh My!

I made bean soup, a new year's day tradition that was never, in my opinion, fully integrated when I was growing up with it. I have taken it now and simmered the meaning that comes from this annual habit to extract the value that makes it a true tradition. To use what is too often defined as without value, to simmer and render richness of flavor and nutrition, to add beans of abundance and winter vegetables of plenty. To take virtually nothing and make something of it. Magick, this is ... kitchen magick ... and a fine way to start a collective fresh start with the world.

A while back I laid a foundation in my art journal which today I "finished" (a word of seemingly little meaning to me). I chuckle that I laid in the hearth upside-down and wonder what this goddess is trying to tell me. Does anyone recognize this particular hearthside fire?
I made a new hand-drawn label for my White Sage Liquid Smudge . The Sweet Grass is next. And I seem to be addicted to those Pages I removed to make the up-cycled art journal ... and these are only a few of the goddess images I've been doodling.
And warm, spicy tea for the pagan-folk that will be visiting my little hut in about an hour's time ... we'll be discussing Paradox. That's what I made today. Happy New Year!!!

6 comments:

Holly Pia said...

Absolutely breathtaking. You never cease to amaze me with your wonder!

Laura Rose said...

Rose, your art is magnificent!!!! & powerful!!! Thank you for sharing it.

Kim said...

Hestia - I'm must be linking into some of the same energy. The tea was yummy and the laughs were wonderful.

Tammie Lee said...

Love that journal entry, so warm and inspiring and your labels.... wonderrrful!

Alyss said...

What gorgeous images!! I look forward to going through your blog and seeing more of your art :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Aw, shucks. Thank you - one and all!