Google+ What I Made Today: A Wonderfully Awful Decision

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Wonderfully Awful Decision

Today I hung a clock in my kitchen that is a drastic mismatch to the new colors of the little room. It is such a contrast that it works perfectly. Oddly enough the gold plays off that bamboo-base to the floor, as well as the warm colors in the wood countertop, plus there are purple grapes embroidered into the face as well as a few shades of green.

But what compelled me to hang it here is not only is it a clock I recall from my pre-teen-kitchen memories, but it is an extremely rare collaborative effort of my mother and daddy - he made the clock and she appliqued and embroidered the face.

Now ... back to my crocheting ...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is absolutely beautiful!!! i love the colors!!!

Anonymous said...

What a CUTE kitchen! And how wonderful to have a clock with such sentimental meaning. I use things like that no matter what...I can always find a spot for them.

Laura Rose said...

Woohoo..it looks awesome! and the clock is perfect (love from above)

Ann Wilkinson said...

i love your clock and your sunshiny-bright kitchen. can we see a closeup of the clock, please!!

Kim said...

it does work beautifully and that your parents worked on it together is perfect