Google+ What I Made Today: A Day Most Sacred

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Day Most Sacred


The day didn't play out as planned and rather than be bothered by it, I snagged the dogs and wandered down the path through the woods to the pond. We played fetch, the dogs swam and I got dirty and wet with love. We wandered some more and then I returned to the lovely wooden chair at the pond, and there I sat, walking stick in hand. I grounded, centered and quieted mySelf. The dogs quieted too, each in their own way. I was able to sit ... and to witness ...

My world perceived as reflection ... smooth like glass ... rippled like cheap wine ... muddy ... clear ... silent ... peeping ... the hammer of a pecker ... the scent of loving decay ... swelling red bud of swamp maple ... dusty blue of a moody sky ... green needle of white pine and hemlock ... fragrant resin ... spring ... awakening ... harmony ... all ...

And a crisp, clean, almost dull flavor of a dry cranberry wine to toast the observances of a day most sacred. Ashe. Ashe.

9 comments:

Divaeva said...

Sounds like a wonderful day in my book! *cheers!* <3

Unknown said...

yum!!! slainte!

Silke Powers said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! The cranberry wine looks really good!! :) Silke

Anonymous said...

Yes, that does sound like a wonderful day!

Laura Rose said...

What a blessed 'being' day!

POSITIVE AGENDA said...

Looks like a shopping trip to the mall isn't really one of the best ways to spend one of your precious days on earth!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

LOL POSITIVE ... well, if I needed new glasses I would be able to see some value at time invested at a mall ... otherwise, yeah ... not one the best ways ...

:)

Kara Ward said...

Sounds like heaven to me...I need that peace. I don't know if it is because I was an only child as was used to quiet time or if my soul just needs it to breath. Kara

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Kara ... I too am an only child and, knowing some others, our Hunger for such stillness seems a consistent trend between us all. :)