Google+ What I Made Today: Earth Day Honor

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day Honor


Every day is Earth Day for me, tree-hugging, weed-nibbling, earth-worshiping, Gaia-loving wench that I am! Even so, today I raised my own earth-consciousness and made an effort or two to help others do the same. The day was a damp one, so to honor it I leveraged the wisdom of springtime Nature and transplanted several outdoor seedlings and other plants without running any water. A small gesture, to be sure, and one that I would have done on auto-pilot, yet today it was a gesture heightened with awareness that honored the earth and my place in it.
It was another good soup day, so I made an Italian Wedding soup. Wedding soup seemed fitting to renew my vows to Gaia, on this, a day we collectively honor her. The Boy worked outdoors all day, so this soup warmed us both, body and soul.
To extend this Earth Day honor, this Thursday's In the Garden show we welcome Bill Duesing to discuss aspects of "The Sustainable Garden." Bill is, among other things, the Executive Director of the Connecticut Chapter of the Northeast Organic Farming Association.

8 comments:

agoodwitchtoo said...

The soup looks delish! Happy Earth Day! I'm looking forward to your show tomorrow!

coltpixy said...

That soup looks so good! Happy Earth Day!

Divaeva said...

duh! ...why was I thinking your show was on Tuesday mornings? See this is why I drink - when not drinking my mind plays games with me! ;) I am in towntomorrow v- so I will be running home to catch ya!
Happy Earth Day to my most favorite Earth Goddess! *hug*

ps Italian Wedding is one of my favs!

Amy said...

I love your blog and you Rose! :)

Unknown said...

happy earth day!! sounds like a wonderful day! im so happy theres sun today...

LiPeony said...

Never heard of wedding soup but it does look so delicious! Everyday should be Earth day. =D

Kathie said...

The soup does look delicious :-)(especially as I am freezing here at the moment!)

Happy Earth Day!

Bren said...

Your recipe's look great, I would like to link your blog to my website at www.linkathought.com. you may run across my blog, if you do check out my website. Thanks Bren.