Google+ What I Made Today: Gluten Free Cookies

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Gluten Free Cookies


Masa Cranberry Cookies - gluten free

Combine and blend the dry ingredients in an incidental bowl:
1 2/3 cups Masa (nixtamolized corn flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Cream together in a mixing bowl:
1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter)
1/3 cup sugar
add
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Add the dry ingredients to the wet, blend slightly and add:
1/2 cup of dried and sweetened cranberries

Continue blending until a smooth dough forms.

You can shape these any way you wish, but formed them into little balls about the size of a walnut.

Bake 14 minutes at 375 degrees fahrenheit. Cool, store gently and enjoy!

~~~~~

These are really tasty, though still quite delicate, yet they hold up much better than the first batches I attempted. Even so, a few crumbs on the floor of the cookie jar sure will be nice on top of some real ice cream. 

Try them and let me know what you think! Peace.

11 comments:

Tomisha said...

Those look yummy! I must try this. May I share the recipe?

Tomisha

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh Tomisha - absolutely! Share away! :)

Lucas said...

Can I use another fruit instead of cranberry?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, do you think I could use spelt flour instead? That's all I have on hand....may have to try it.
They look so yummy!

Laura Rose said...

Woohoo...gf cookies! thanks for sharing!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Lucas - I don't see why not! Especially if it's a dried fruit - I would try it!

Kitten - I would try it! I'm going to be trying this again with a Masa and Quinoa blend - I think the Quinoa might help them hold together a bit better without making them tough. Try the spelt and let us know!

Laura - ENJOY!

Amy said...

THANK YOU ROSE! :)
Spelt is not gluten free, but would be godo for anyoen who doesnt need to eat GF! :)

tarabu said...

I have a similar recipe that's not as eye-poppingly beautiful, but just as tasty, involving candied lemon peel.

GiDu said...

Wow, my tummy is rumbling for those delightful cookies!

Crystal said...

OH! gluten free cookies...cranberries....cornmeal! I know now what I must make for guests this weekend.
Apricots would be lovely too...or gritty dried pears....*swoon*

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh yeah Crystal - dried apricots or pears would be delightful!