Google+ What I Made Today: Welcome Home Cooking

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome Home Cooking


For the past ten days I've been away from my little acre, short of a couple visits home to tend to seedlings and a radio show, that is, and man-oh-man-oh-man it is so-so-so good to be home! I was delighted to see that the peas had sprouted and so I planted more. Dandelions were dug and cleaned and are now roasting away in the oven, and they smell heavenly. I'm looking forward to the beverage that they will become. 

The wild garlic ramps, not visible three days ago, were up and ripe for harvest and they made a delicious salad to accompany this evening's simple welcome home dinner.

My version of welcome home cooking. Ahhhh . . . 

7 comments:

WhimsybyMari said...

sounds delightful.

Silke Powers said...

My aunt was just telling me about wild garlic ramps, which are very popular in Germany. She has some in her garden and was trying to describe them to me. Now, I find a picture on your blog. Perfect!! What else did you make for your welcome home dinner? :) Silke

Unknown said...

welcome home, rose :)

Laura Rose said...

Welcome home :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What else with my dinner? I heated up some amazingly savory homemade pizza from the night before and simply served it with the ramp salad and a dark, heady homebrew! :)

Crystal said...

Welcome home!
Your dandelion roots fascinate me.... do you cultivate them, or harvest wild ones?

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

That's a good question Crystal ... it gave me pause! I suppose the most accurate response is that I harvest them wild from my gardens. Dandelions grow, and I let them and when the grow in my gardens, the soil being tended, they are very easy to harvest ... and the process helps to cultivate the soil as well.

I hope that makes some kinda sense! :D