Google+ What I Made Today: Mom Preparations

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mom Preparations


I have tasks and errands I thought I'd better get started on today before next week's travels commence. So I did.

Next week I'm visiting my elderly mom and schlepping her around central NY state so that she may visit her brother in one place, and then get her to my cousin's for their barn party at another place, and then back to her little home again. Then, of course, I'll have to get myself back home to my little hut ... only to load up the van and head to Forest Folk Pi ... a camping event that will involve friends, food, fire, libation, love and ... ::DRUMROLL PLEASE:: ... reLAXation. I plan on doing very little then.

Tonight, after dinner, I'm making cookies. Probably a couple batches. The Boy and I will enjoy some, sure - but these will be for mom. She loves homemade cookies - with lots of chocolate and nuts. Maybe a nightcap will follow this evening's efforts.

Tomorrow I head out again for more mom-shopping, and come evening I will float on the Connecticut River with old friends from my Corporate days. And somewhere in-between I hope to post a Wednesday blog reminding you all that it's your last day to "enter" to Win a Whimsy!

And by the way, with all these upcoming personal activities combined with our 48 hours for Larry Radiothon and silent auction coming up this Friday on Blockhead Radio, it will be a few weeks before you'll find me In the Garden again. I'll let you know!

But ... for now ... dinner ... cookies ... and a night cap ...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

slainte!

Divaeva said...

ahhh - floating on the river sounds fabulous! What a lucky mom to have fresh baked cookies delivered by her daughter!

storybeader said...

gosh - sounds like you're going to be busy. But fun busy! Take care!

LynnAnne said...

I'd love to go river floating! With the return of the rain, I'd probably only have to step out my back door!

paintingpam said...

Floating down a river will take away your worries!!

Kalisis Rising said...

Schlepping can be such good meditation. I do it every month, taking my two young children back to see their dad who lives 2000 miles away. It is definitely an exercise in finding the positive in even the most mundane/aggravating circumstances and finding joy in the smallest of things. Have fun!

Kim said...

Have fun on the river and with Mom.