Google+ What I Made Today: Spirals

Friday, July 17, 2009

Spirals

I made my way to the gardens before the rains returned this afternoon and was greeted by one of the ever-present reminders of the spiral of life. I paused in the drama of the moment to take in the stage, the costume, the story ... And I filled up. So did the skies.

As the drizzle increased I hunkered down in my little hut and made my way to a piece of my own spiral of life. There I continued some started projects and began others ...

I'm looking forward to creating my nature-inspired ACEO work again, here in the growing heat of summer's expansion.

Ashe. Ashe.

11 comments:

Leslie said...

While I love the leaf print shown in Win a Whimsy I am uncertain about what you made today -- backings for other pieces of art, perhaps? I'm not awfully imaginative sometimes.

Sherrie from across the pond... said...

What an AWESOME shot!! Bravo to the see-er of the micro drama as well!
ps.
how is *my* nature plaque whimsy doing? :D

catinalife said...

it does have to come full circle sometimes, great pic, great view on life. :)

TiLT said...

Wow - that is an amazing shot...gotta love the micro views of life :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! Well done!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Aww, Leslie - you are more imaginative than you give yourself credit for! :) Today I made some fresh beginnings to little ACEO works of art - just the first couple of layers ... which will continue. So yes, "backings for other pieces of art" is perfectly fitting!

(I like to make my readers think and squirm a bit!)

Sherrie, cat, tilt and lora ... thank you, though it's only the "best" photo I could capture under the circumstances ... to me, it's only fair - at best, though perfectly passable for this blog! :D

Divaeva said...

*thinks and squirms with love and anticipation*

Laura Rose said...

lots of insect activity in our gardens this year...must be all the rain! :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Eva - you're so funny!

Yes, Daven - they *can* be quite destructive.

Laura - for me, it's the slugs that are abundant this year ... everything else seems in balance!

Sinclair said...

I love how the beetle is about to exit, Stage Left. That is a wonderful capture!

Thankfully, my daily roaming chickens are helping to reduce the destructive bug population this year...

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh Sinclair ... you remind of how much I do want chickens. They are voracious tick-eaters too, I hear!