Google+ What I Made Today: Autumn Love

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn Love

My October opened up with a delicious and loving brew of dandelion root, a steamy seasonal treat to guide me deeper into the soft, comforting darkness of the season. As I sipped this brew I entertained what I might make this day ... time to begin the fall cleaning that carries and comforts me through the winter months ... a bouquet a sedum to adorn my little hut ... a tidy space for friends to join me in the evening for our monthly discussion, this time of our experiences with spirit/s ...

As I sipped I made time to peruse the treasures of the first day of Mrs. B's 31 Days of Halloween and leveraged opportunities there to explore, learn, grow, play, be inspired and even win some cool things like a Witch Rattle, Witches Flying Oil, Hallowbunny, or a copy of Sense and Sensibilities and Sea Monsters. Wow, what a start to a month of full autumn love!

Merry October everyone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

merry october rose!!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Brenda, on my facebook page asked how I roast the roots ...

It's very simple really. I dig up the roots and leave them to dry in the open air for a little while, just so any damp earth dries and I can shake or brush most of it off. Then, still outdoors, I fill a vessel with water, cut off the green aerial parts, and clean them up in the water. Any residual earth falls to the bottom and when I dump the vessel it feels good to return the earth to itself. Then I let them air dry again. When ready, I put them on a baking sheet and pop them into a 350 degree F oven and check them every 10-minutes or so, turning them if needed. I say I know when they're done by the smell, which I love, but they become brittle and crispy. Once they are cool I put them into glass jar, and break and grind them for use, as needed. Yum!

Divaeva said...

**Octobery - birthday month kinda hugs** <3