Google+ What I Made Today: A-ha! Stars

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A-ha! Stars


Today I willed myself to learn to make these crocheted stars. To the seasoned crocheter, this is pretty remedial, but I've tried to make these several times over the years, following the written instructions in one of my needlework books. Reading those cryptic patterns is very challenging for me. Today I had one of those magical A-ha! moments that finally enabled me to understand and execute.

I love learning new things. Even when I have nothing particular in mind to which the lessons may apply.

I also made a yummy roasted vegetable soup from some garden harvests too.

That's what I made today.

7 comments:

Divaeva said...

LOL - I feel ya lady! One needs crochet college to understand those damn patterns! I have been crocheting Ryan a scarf since last year - my sister visits and crochets a few rows with all these fancy smancy stitches and goes "They are so easy!" *grumbles*
*hugs*

Jasmine said...

Cute :)

Gypsy Trader said...

Oh Oh Oh How'd you make those stars ?
I come here often for inspiration, thank you.

Meghann said...

Absolutely fabulous! I have a hard time with charts too, but these turned out wonderfully (why am I not surprised??). Best of luck with the next project :)

Julie said...

You crochet like I do! Repeat until you get it. Love the stars.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone! And since Gypsy Trader asked ...

Ch 2
Round 1: 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook
Round 2: 3 sc in each sc
Round 3: (1 sc in next st, ch 6, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in next ch, 1 hdc in next ch, 1 dc in next ch, 1 tr in base of starting sc, sk 2 sc) 4 times, sl st in first sc to join, fasten off.

Hope that helps! :D

Gypsy Trader said...

Thanks, I can't wait to try one !