Google+ What I Made Today: October Harvests

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October Harvests


The day opened with the first hint of autumn frost. I eventually made my way into the crisp air of the day and into the gardens. I harvested more winter squash. I harvested another large batch of kale and simmered it with garlic and herb-infused apple cider vinegar. I also harvested more horseradish roots and made another lovely batch of horseradish to see me through the winter and into springtime.

That's what I made today.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

beautiful squash.....

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh! I wish we had enough yard to do a garden for all the seasons! We just ripped the plants out of our square foot gardens this past weekend. We got a few few things in (garlic and such), but we are about at the end of our garden days until early spring.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks you two! My garden is pretty much "done" for now ... all the squash has been harvested now and all I really have left in the hardy winter greens. Oh, and onions, and a few cabbages ... and herbs ... and ... LOL!