Google+ What I Made Today: A Recovery

Monday, October 5, 2009

A Recovery

OK ... yesterday ... I made space in "my" kitchen for the "new" shaker set from Annie. Aren't they darling? And--hey, abundance in the kitchen is cool with me.
... I made room on the line for my fresh-n-clean vintage aprons. My sense is that all three came to my mother via her mother-in-law, my paternal grandmother, Ann Conway-Roast. Aren't they the coolest? I just love them!
I made a sweet raisin bread for invaders who never showed up, which was fine with me since it allowed me to relax, crochet and watch the Giants mop up the Chiefs.

The Boy has today off, so last night was our "friday night" and he and I and Ale had a party ... thus this catch-up recovery blog.

Oh ... and this morning ... when I lifted off the butter-dish cover ... I wondered, yet again ... in pure amazement ... just how is it that they have managed to get so much of the earthly power?

More later!

4 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

i love your aprons and the shakers too! glad you had some catch up time with your son. i love that embroidered piece of a clock on your cabinet! thanks for sharing:) big herbal and honey hugs:) the bread sounds awesome as does sitting, relaxing with some craft:)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you comfrey cottages! And just so you know, "The Boy" is my spouse. LOL! I love that old clock face too. My mom embroidered it for the clock my dad made. And yeah - it was a very nice day. :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Trying to catch up on some blog reading (been a little busy, lol!). Love the aprons! I have a great vintage apron that I used to love to where when I made Christmas cookies with my mom :O)

Love the new short hair on The Boy! As a military brat, I've always been partial to men with short hair!

Mother Moon said...

this all looks absolutely delicious.. but then again when is bread and butter not.