Google+ What I Made Today: Fits-n-Starts

Monday, December 28, 2009

Fits-n-Starts


Today was one of those remarkable days where several starts were made and only one completion. One item - and an important one - one that has offered unwarranted and foolish challenge (and fits) over the past several days - did make its way to fruition and will be put to full rest tomorrow.

I started another journal page, still working with black pen, but this time on a color-prepped background. I was prompted to work only with design - pure design. No words. No recognizable images. No symmetry either. Pure design. I'm enjoying the evolution in how I'm working it and am looking forward to filling the page.

So tomorrow I make a delightful trip to the bank, pick up a few groceries, and complete this page. And ya know what else? Life is sweet. Fits and all.

That's what I made today (a cryptic blog entry it seems to me now).

8 comments:

Didi said...

That is awesome! I could stare at that for hours!

Ry said...

Gorgeous! Much like it's creator.

brandi said...

~life is sweet...what a creative mind you have! can't wait to see it all finished...beautiful art!brightest blessings~

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Not cryptic: Short and sweet and complete!!!

I love that design. I like the kraft-color with black and think it is a very classy combo.

Jasmine said...

Your design is coming along nicely. Looks lie you have been having lots of fun developing your pages.

I need your address so I can post your give away winning :)

Reeni said...

It's so pretty! It makes my imagination run wild...

Suzanne McNeill said...

Great, great job. I love your shapes.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Hey thanks all! This was a fun - and challenging - page to create. I tend to throw in words and stylized, yet recognizable images ... so working with pure design proved to be more difficult than one might think! A worthy challenge nonetheless.