Google+ What I Made Today: Sweetness, Drama & Pie

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sweetness, Drama & Pie

This morning I dropped The Boy off at work, spun by the bank and then made time for an over-due breakfast out with a very sweet friend. We rarely get together and when we do it's usually over an old-school breakfast at a classic area diner. It was a charming way to start this day. Midday plans changed so I leveraged the time by finishing a scarf for a friend and starting some maryjane-style slippers for me. Dinner was prepared so that later I could just preheat the oven, roll out the dough and pop it in the oven. I called my mom as I do most every day. When I picked up The Boy I learned that he had cut his hand. He had dressed it as best as he could while working. Being a boy ("man") there was the typical understated drama (including the suggestion of potential stitches), so I stopped at the drugstore to pick up an assortment of first aid items just in case I didn't have what I needed at home. Once home his gloved hand was taped up, he hopped in the shower and I got dinner into the oven. Then I cut off the glove, removed the make-shift bandaging to discover a cut that we could manage at home with a few butterfly bandages, some herbal treatments, reiki and love.
We finally sat to eat ... a delicious chicken pot pie from a recipe I adapted from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice and then we relaxed into the evening ... and I got back to those maryjanes. That's what I made today.

4 comments:

Divaeva said...

That pie looks so yummy! I hope the boys booboo heals quickly! *hugs to you both*

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Sounds like a day with a little too much excitement in the injury department!!! Yikes! Those butterfly bandages can really save the day.

The pot pie sure looks savory.

Nessa said...

The pie looks delicious. I hope the boy's hand heals cleanly.

Flash Dancing

Kim said...

Sounds like a good day over all. Hope the boy's hand is OK