Google+ What I Made Today: A Space to Be

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Space to Be


I've been away from my little acre these past several days and this will continue for several more. I'm tending to dogs and chickens, garden and home, land and heart where the forget-me-nots still bloom. I've been making space in big patches of quiet, drawing, journaling, reading, wild harvesting, cooking, witnessing, Being.

Today I'm making a farm ham for a friend who's visiting - and for me. I'm self-full like that. After all, this will position me for not having to cook much at all in the days ahead - short of fresh garden goodies.

Peace.



6 comments:

Vincent James Pia said...

Isn't "being" wonderful!?! :-)

Plantress said...

I envy you your peace. There is nothing like tending the "home place" and, in doing so, tending the home place in your heart

John | Daily Photo said...

I've been trying for a few days to get a decent photo of forget-me-nots, but the colours never come out quite right. Fantastic pic, much better than any of my attempts :-)

Tammie Lee said...

Rose, this is a lovely portrait of forget me nots! They are not the easiest little being to capture. wishing you a lovely visit.

Kim said...

Deep sigh of contentment! Enjoy!!

Christy said...

Very lovely photo and sentiment!