Google+ What I Made Today: Weather Dancing

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weather Dancing

Yesterday I danced with blue sky, clouds, drizzle, sunshine, thunder, lightening, and more blue sky ... and repeat. I managed to get more tomatoes and basil into the earth and will make more room for the rest today. I made space for my chinese cabbage in between the buttercrunch lettuce that will be enjoyed with meals before the cabbage gets too large. I transplanted more sunflowers and calendula into the front yard garden. And I planted more lettuce seed, three kinds of mixes, in my shady garden. I harvested a couple quarts of strawberries, a handful of rhubarb (tip of the iceberg, that), and some motherwort before the first of the rains ever started.

Today I want to get the last of the new veggie beds prepped so I can get the rest of the tomatoes into the earth, along with my pepper plants, more basils, zucchini, cabbages, and the rest of my seedlings. I have more seeds to plant too. I'll have more strawberries to harvest and herbs as well, and I'll want to get at least 35 pounds of rhubarb harvested for my seasonal batch of rhubarb mead - but not today.

The blessing today is that original plans were shifted to lighten my load a bit, only to shift again, leaving me with a day on my little acre, without distractions (at least until The Boy comes home).

So now, in this lovely early morning, Jenny Wren sings to me a scolding song to finish my coffee and typing, and get to work in the gardens before the sun blazes me into the gardening pause.

Peace.

14 comments:

Kim said...

sounds like a lovely and productive day

Healing Woman said...

There is never a better time spent than being in the garden. Yours sounds and looks spectacular. Mine is coming along nicely too but I babied my sunflowers and couldn't wait to see them in full bloom in the late summer. This morning when I went out to water them, I found something had eaten the tops off. I'm so sad.

Divaeva said...

...sounds like a wonderful day! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

What a lovely way to spend the day.

Tammie Lee said...

Rose, your garden is a wonderfully artful and healthy looking. Oh the delights that you are breathing life into!

Pattycake Manners said...

How lovely to read about your garden. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sharon said...

Such a beautiful garden you have! IT shows your dedicated work. I'm lucky to find the time to grow a few herbs and some tomatoes in pots on the deck.

Diana said...

I YEARN to be a gardener like you, but I just seem to not get along so well with plants. I guess it's probably a good thing I don't have a yard, or a lot of innocent plants would likely die by my hand!

April said...

I've recently taken up some indoor container gardening and I hope it works out as lovely as your plot.

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I'm Jealous!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to get so much done in one day? I love reading about and seeing your garden.

Amy Lilley Designs said...

WONDERFUL...you are doing a masterful job in your garden..what a haul you are going to have!!!!

LetaMarieDesigns said...

Your Garden looks Wonderful!! I am a lazy gardener but do enjoy the efforts of others ;) Leta

Unknown said...

looks like a great garden!!