Google+ What I Made Today: Who I Am - At the Moment

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Who I Am - At the Moment


Greetings! My name is Rosemari Roast. I am owner of and caretaker to Walk in the Woods, LLC, a holistic wellness practice and creative studio at Whiting Mills in sunny Winsted, Connecticut.

I am called Medicine Womyn, herbalist, healer, artist and backyard farmer (among other things).


As an herbalist and healer, I am dedicated to *returning home* the Medicine of the People. I do this by offering you opportunities to reconnect with
your own power through exploring the wellness choices that you have - and have always had. I strive to help you to see, acknowledge, honor and act on the choices and behaviors that nourish and sustain you, and that may best serve you in your life.

Everything I do, I teach. I feel that my name, originally spelled Rosemary, like the herb, is a key to my life purpose, for it is often described and the herb of remembrance. That my maternal grandmother clung to and adapted the ways of the "old country" to a "new" country is a holistic taproot for me, for it both saddens and motivates me to remember and revive the empowering practices that she employed. Practices that were discounted and forgotten in a single generation. She wild harvested, made Medicines and engaged some mystical healing practices as well. I feel a a duty to keep these practices alive, for they are surely overflowing with Medicine of meaning and value!

When I was a little girl just starting school, the teachers and administrators were worried about me because I wouldn't talk to the teachers. I was responsive with my peers, but not the authorities. I can say that, in many ways, this behavior is still with me. But I digress... I was sent to the school psychologist. I wouldn't talk to him either. So he gave me paper and crayons. I drew. And from those drawings he made the judgement that I was fine, and the recommendation to return me to my class, and allow me to evolve in my own way. In this experience is another taproot to an important Medicine in my life: Creative expression, also known as art.

These taproots are, from my perspective, rooted in Mystery. So it is that herbs, art and spirit guide my Life with the Medicine that they all offer. 
I do my best to share my Medicine-experiences through workshops, lectures, private consultations and classes. 


Private consultations take on many flavors, from conventional holistic approaches to instructional sessions, which may include customized herbals, eclectic healing sessions, plant spirit healing, meditation, creative expression or some other intuitively guided wellness option that is fitting for you.

If herbalism is of interest to you, My School of Herbal Wellness offers one way for you to explore your botanical choices and your holistic power. It's a pay-as-you-go course of facilitated self-study currently offered to folks in my region, so you learn and grow at your own pace. You can learn more about these offerings here.

Other self-care workshops offered regionally include Reiki training, guided and free-form meditation, herbal, holistic and creative workshops, lectures, weedwalks and more! An herbal apothecary is also available to you for all those supplies for the home and village herbalist. Spiritual counseling and rites of passage are offered as well.

I also support personal healing and growth through the arts and creative expression - journaling, drumming, chant, movement, art, craft, tarot and Crone Stone readings. Creative expression is a vital tool that supports holistic healing, growth and awareness on all levels as we explore our personal relationships with symbols, metaphors, archetypes and stories. I can support you in this journey, and - more importantly - offer you ways to support yourself.

With every service that I offer, I strive to help you re-discover the natural healer within, so that you may nurture peace with yourSelf, love yourSelf, and offer these qualities to those you love … and to help bring the Medicine of the People back home - to all of us.

I invite you to join me in working together to return wisdom, wellness, healing back to the hands of their rightful and most grateful owners - To us. To all of us. Together let's reclaim our power and return the Medicine of the people back to the people.

Let's bring it home together!


MY CREDENTIALS (such as they are)
While I consider myself Self-Taught in most every aspect of my life, be it with herbs or art or whatever, I have studied formally, and continue to read, take classes and workshops that support and nurture all the parts of me.

These are my "Credentials" - as they say:
  • National Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
  • Certified Herbalist, Village West Prescriptives, School of Clinical Botanical Medicine
  • Certified Herbalist, Northwestern Connecticut Centre for Holistic Studies
  • Certified Transformational Energy Healer, Northwestern Connecticut Centre for Holistic Studies
  • Certified Reiki Master
  • BGS, University of Connecticut
  • Ordained Minister, Universal Life Church 2001
  • Member, Connecticut Herb Association (CHA)
  • Member, Northeast Organic Farmers Association, CT  (NOFA)
  • Member, International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP)
So, if you have any questions about who I am, what I do and how I can help you to help yourself, please just let me know! Join us on Facebook to stay in touch, receive event/class notices... or sign up for my monthly eNewsletter here!

Be well by Nature! Peace.

rose

5 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

So inspiring! Thanks for this look into you life...at the moment :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you, suzanne. :)

Kerri Santos said...

LOVE u girl!! Keep doing what you're doing...can feel your powerful energy all the way down here in Delaware! Living outside of the box along with you my friend. Be well.... Xoxo

Jacki said...

So Sorry! I thought you were an old friend of mine, ie. the last comment I posted.......
You can disregard, or if you are interested in coming to VT, maybe we can still make a plan : )

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks so much for your comment, Jacki ~ it made my morning! And if I'm ever in Vermont, I'll be sure to check in with you!

Green blessings!