Google+ What I Made Today: A Día de los Muertos Honor

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Día de los Muertos Honor


I woke to snow this morning and by the time it started to subside the sun was making a valiant effort to peek through the lingering clouds and snowfall. It was serene … and somehow motivating. I lit two candles for a friend. I cut the calendula-tangerine-lavender soap I made the other day, and am once again pleased with the outcome. I made a quart of pickled eggs and worked on some herbal-based products I've been refining, and I cleaned up some files too. 



I then made time to sit and doodle. I finished up a journal page I started on the first of November. I've been adding a little here, a little there over the past few months, but two days ago I honored the spirit of my father who passed from this life 36 years ago, and was inspired to fill and complete this Día de los Muertos page. Today, it is filled, with honor for the cycle of life, and with memories too.

Seems I'm continuing the theme now too.

That's what I made today. Peace.

.

13 comments:

Ronda Kisner said...

It is still snowing here, about 10 inches and counting. Very cool drawings!

Em+Mad said...

I love the details, beautiful work!

Kim said...

I love the doodle - your daddy is smiling I'm sure!

Maria said...

Those are cool doodles! My dad passed in 2004. The first azalea flower of the season opened its bloom today. We had a SPECTACULAR day of warmth and sun. Yaaay! :)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

That's creepy! But interesting.

Healing Woman said...

I love the way you honor each day and what it has to bring to your life. A day of memories of loved ones (your father) and the journal of zentangle totems is so wondrous.

LetaMarieDesigns said...

What a lovely day you had :)

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

I adore that doodle...skulls are so much fun to draw and the muertos love to have so many faces to shine through! :)

Gilded Owl Musings said...

Beautiful photo. I am so ready for spring.



http://chris-wrinn.blogspot.com/

SoCalWendie said...

Nice I love Dia de los Muertos art

Unknown said...

Beautiful Doodles!!! I love Dia de los muertos art and the traditions. We worked in the garden today, turning the soil and sunning the little plants that I started from seed last month. Spring will be visiting you soon.
: )

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What a fabulous journal page! It's so amazingly detailed. I'm kind of thankful that we didn't get a lot of snow - I was so happy seeing a lot of my yard again! Theresa

Maiden Jane said...

That's a lovely doodle!