Google+ What I Made Today: Garlic Scape Pesto

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garlic Scape Pesto


Today I made time in the garden to harvest the rest of my garlic scapes. I tackled other garden tasks too.


I made a pesto with them. I just place the scapes in the food processor with a little sea salt and olive oil and process until they're a texture I like. I sampled the pesto on a rice cracker, approved and prepared most of it for the freezer. 


Not only is this delicious, but it's beautiful too, don't you think?

That's what I made today. Peace.

.

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Can I come over and share some with you??? Looks soooo delicious! Thank you for sharing!

Wizardess said...

so lusciously green...

Adaptable Kay said...

It IS gorgeous! That shade of green is just a treat for the eyes to look at :)

Sounds delicious!

Maria said...

REally healthy too, I bet! God(ess) makes a great color green!

LetaMarieDesigns said...

It looks beautiful. I adore garlic!

Healing Woman said...

Do you mind sharing your recipe for the garlic scape? It looks wonderful..I can almost smell it.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Healing Woman, there's no recipe, only the process I share in the post. Hope that helps!

Thanks all, for your beautiful comments!

JDConwell said...

I bet it smells delicious. And being garlic, it'll be SOOOO good for you!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

wow- that's all i can say

Kim said...

Yum!!!!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I am a HUGE fan of pesto! This looks DE-licious! :) Thanks for sharing - it is indeed as beautiful to look at as I'm sure it is delicious to eat!