Google+ What I Made Today: A Quasi Commitment

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Quasi Commitment


Today I made a commitment. Well, a quasi commitment to "29 Faces in May." I was lovingly consumed with artful creating this past winter and I sense no end in sight. Artful expression has been a longstanding Medicine for me … ever since childhood. When my college years came along, I wanted to go to an art school, but that wasn't an option (or so I accepted at the time), but that's another story altogether.

One of my artful goals is to create more goddess imagery, so the feminine face is something I want to get better at. The above image, from my "Elements" journal, was my first attempt (in recent history) at a simple, stylized feminine face, totally inspired by Effy Wild. I've done a few more, and some I like, others were recycled, but a challenge of "29 Faces in May" will surely offer me some disciplined practice that is sure to enhance my current abilities.

May will be busy for me, and I'll be extremely happy if I actually execute 29 Faces. But I'm up for the challenge and look forward to the act of creating alongside an inspired group of fab folks!

So, yeah, that's what I made today. A quasi commitment.

Peace.

6 comments:

Ayala Art said...

Great to have you on board!!

Jenny said...

May should be lots of fun... I am playing along too...

Jenny x

Kim said...

I can't wait to see the results

Healing Woman said...

Your 'ghost of winter' is a teaser to all the wonderful Goddess faces you will create this month. I am sure you will be thrilled with the results and the growth you achieve by your commitment.

Sunshineshelle said...

Wow- just got here & blown away by your faces, ULTRA cool :)

Sunshineshelle said...

Wow- just got here & blown away by your faces, ULTRA cool :)