Google+ What I Made Today: Time to Witness

Friday, August 30, 2013

Time to Witness


The day flew by like lightening.


Before I knew it evening was creeping in on my little acre.


So I paused and poured myself a chocolate-vanilla cordial and meandered to the shade of my fire pit.


There I sat and witnessed the garden growing and ripening in the verve of late August.


I looked down and around …


I looked looked up and within.


I witnessed the hens doing their chicken antics. Free entertainment, that.


I tidied around the fire pit, creating order to which the hens promptly manifested chaos.


I smiled at their fluffy butts. I just love their fluffy butts.


I sipped my cordial and considered making it less sweet with the next batch.


I laughed as I heard one chook say to the other, "I think you have a little something on your beak there."

Yeah. Being. Witnessing. That's what I made today.

Peace.

10 comments:

Kats Studio said...

Wonderful words that carried me right into your space.

suzanscott said...

love this...simple pleasures, simple beauty, simply being & savoring all..thank you for sharing the the little wonders of life with humor & insight & sensitivity...appreciated! :)

Unknown said...

Ah, a reminder to pause and enjoy the simple wonders

Elaine Frost said...

Love this, Rose! Thought of you as I picked elderberries here yesterday........... What variety is the gorgeous rusty speckled hen?

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you Kathleen, Suzan, Kim and Elaine. :) I love your comments!

And Elaine, I'm clueless when it comes to breeds and varieties. What I can you is that she is a great layer and a coyote-survivor. She dashed to brush-cover last winter and didn't return to the run until dusk. She was only survivor and I love her for that. :)

Remei Navarro said...

They are wonderful photos, special moments ...
These chickens are very nice, well maintained.
The natural world is a gift to the soul.
Thanks for sharing these moments.
A hug!

Art and Sand said...

I don't know many chickens so I never knew they had fluffy butts.

Unknown said...

Love this post. Reminds me of when I got to house sit a friends house; take care of her garden, feed her chickens, eat the fresh veggies. I loved it! Thanks for sharing. Made me smile.
Sending hugs and smiles

Karen Stewart Elliott said...

Love this visual and written post. Love how it tells a story! The pictures are scrumptious. You make the reader feel like she is sitting right beside you!!

Tammie Lee said...

that cordial sounds yummy
as does your time out taking to heart the garden ripening, your chickens and more

fun that you mention order and chaos, for that is a theme i am linked to this weekend.