Google+ What I Made Today: Simples and Up for "Lost" Time

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Simples and Up for "Lost" Time




This past weekend we moved the henhouse and run to its winter location, on the south side of our little hut in the main vegetable garden. Well, The Boy did most of the moving, but I did help! So now The Ladies are positioned for the coming of winter.


I invested creative time in my studio to get moving on some new mini journals. And some larger ones. And some canvas preparation for some intuitive paint play, too. Not to mention planning and plotting for 2014 workshops in creative expression and holistic herbal wellness.


And today, with the help of a lovely apprentice, thirty-three bottles of simples were prepared for the mini apothecary that will soon be making manifest in my studio at Whiting Mills.

That's what I made today … and then some.

Peace.

11 comments:

Rick said...

Yup. We got the girls all settled in for their long winter's sleep.

Sharkbytes said...

You were busy! Love those journals, but I've found I can't make myself write in pretty little books. I feel like I'm spoiling them.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh, Sharkbytes, that's so charming, and apparently not that unusual. My mom was the same way, as is my spouse. Not me, though! :)

Tammie Lee said...

autumn chores

how wonderful that you have an apprentice

happy hens
and pretty cool journals

lovely Samhain to you and yours ~

Valerie-Jael said...

You have done a lot - love the look of your art work! Have fun, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

My goodness you've been busy! I love the journals, they're gorgeous! What a wonderful hen house too, the hens are lovely.

Anne said...

The girls look happy to moving :) Oh so many little journals, you sure have been busy.

Heather Foust said...

Ohhh the girls must be very happy there! You have been quite busy making your wonderful journals!!

SLScheibe said...

So much work but you make it all look awesome and fun. I LOVE your set of art journals! So many! Do you fill them all yourself?

Anna Garner said...

I have no idea how you multi-taskers accomplish all that you do. But I will keep checking on you and taking mental notes. ;)
Anna

JFM said...

This was a terrific post! I love the journals that you made...lovely! I love nature and the wonderful creations that you make fit right in with what I enjoy.

Jan