Google+ What I Made Today: More Cookies

Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Cookies


Every winter I make a big batch of Anginettes and always ice a good portion of them with the traditional anise icing. The rest I mix up based on what I have on hand, and so it was today. I made an eggnog icing and topped those with fresh grated nutmeg, another was made with Midori (and next time I'll a bit of lemon) and the other a good cocoa icing 'cause I like chocolate. I'll be packaging some of these up to send to my mom along with her other holiday goodies, the rest will be shared with loved ones over Yule and Christmas. That's what I made today.

5 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

You have some of the most amazing looking food stuff on your blog! I still have to make some cookies...

Dreamseeds said...

Lovin these cookie pics rose! My family does torcettis which is also anise! Super yummy lookin grub you've been creating:)

brandi said...

~i love anise...never thought to add it to icing...sounds & looks wonderful!~

Unknown said...

My aunt makes these cookies and we LOVE them!!! She just brought us a bag and it was gone within the day -- happy holidays!

Reeni said...

These look scrumptious! I love anise flavoring, always reminds me of my Grandma.