Google+ What I Made Today: Room for Revival

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Room for Revival






The robins have been back for a couple of weeks now. For the past eight years or so, they seem to be returning earlier and earlier. They bring with them the energy of new beginnings ... fresh and refreshed starts. In short, renewal. 

This morning I spotted them dancing in the crabapple tree. It was a feast dance, for they were knocking down the old, dried apples and feeding on them with enthusiasm, a couple-few feet off the earth. I caught these images of them from my bedroom window, through two panes of glass and still had plenty of time to sit and enjoy their celebratory antics. It was a perfect start to my day. 

And I feel renewal stirring in me … old dried verve shaking off to nourish some other entity … making room for revival.

That's what I made today.

Peace.

Addendum: At second glance, I believe those last two photos are of a bluebird. 

12 comments:

Audrey said...

Great post Rose! I could sit and watch this beautiful little birds for hours. It is so nice to see them back....it really does bring a sense of renewal.

Ronda Kisner said...

We have been seeing the robins return earlier and earlier too, but I have not seen any here yet. Great pictures! I would love to start the day like that!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I have yet to see any sweet robins yet. But since they are here, that surely means spring is on the way! Great photos, Rose! Theresa

Unknown said...

Wonderful blessing for your day Rosie love, have a wonderful week. PK

Wendy said...

They're so beautiful! I like how you say they bring new energy, very motivational! :):):)

Gilded Owl Musings said...

Lovely post! I love the robins. Youcan feed them raisins. They really like them in the winter.


http://chris-wrinn.blogspot.com/

Brizel Handcrafts said...

oh it looks so cold... we've had 5 weeks of sun here in no.cal and the fruit trees are getting confused !

I appear to have 'inherited' a flock of yellow finches since last summer. Am delighted :)

LetaMarieDesigns said...

What absolutely Beautiful Photos!

Sharkbytes said...

The last two are my beloved little bluebirds! Great catch.

JDConwell said...

Glad you're feeling the renewal, Rosemarie. I know what you mean about needing some of that right about now. Even living down here where it's warmer, I am leaning toward the sun as much as I can!

Love the Robin Dance. Thank you for sharing them with us.
(P.s. When we lived in Florida, the Robins would always migrate through the forest trails where we hiked in the winter. A whole flock of robins is an amazing sight!)
jan

Tammie Lee said...

leaning into spring....

SoCalWendie said...

I love it! They are all fluffed up and cute, this made my morning