Google+ What I Made Today: Reflections

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reflections


The seasons are changing. Of this I am certain. Not only is summer stepping onto the stage of her final act, but something more … something that has, most distinctly, caused me to begin my season of reflection earlier than ever before. Today's rain magnifies this for me, for I see reflections in every drop, in every puddle, and in them I witness all that separates and joins.

Even as my gardens begin fading, they are producing like crazy. The annual blight is taking over the lower leaves of my tomato plants, even as they continue to produce fruit and seed for another season, with abundance.

I have been busy, thus my lack of blog updates, and in my time away from this facet of cyberspace I have found myself gathering all that I do, like drops of rain into a puddle, a lake … an ocean, and I am swimming in it. As I swim I open my senses to feel what resonates, comforts and nurtures, and I perceive the cold spots that refresh and the others that shock … the warm spots that console and those that encourage questioning. As I swim in this season of reflection, one that will last longer than I am accustomed, I will be creating a new pool, blending the cool and warm waters of my life. When I am done swimming, I will emerge and witness what I have created … in the reflections of the pool of my own making.

That's what I made today. Peace.



11 comments:

Healing Woman said...

This is an incredibly "reflective" and lovely post. Your use of metaphors held me spellbound by their beauty.

Sharkbytes said...

I seem to get less reflective as I age. You seem to do it so naturally.

Primal Painter said...

I love this post! It would seem that many of us are going through similar things. Thank you for sharing.

Cheri said...

What a lovely read! I too love those cool and warm spots they make the experience so interesting!

Catherine said...

What a way with words, Rose! Such a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing it with us.

TotallyToTheT said...

What a beautiful post!

Tammie Lee said...

you share your journey so beautifully. yes change is quite tangible now.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Such a gentle and beautiful post, dear friend. I hope that you and yours stay safe and dry in this weekend's storm.

Jo-Ann Dziubek-MacDonald said...

Beautiful post, Rose...a pleasure to read. I do love this time of year, the move into the quiet of autumn.

Brizel Handcrafts said...

It feels like October here. As if we all accidently went to sleep & woke up two months later with only a second having gone by. strangely odd.

Thanks for sharing the beauty of your reflections !
xo

JDConwell said...

Wondered where you'd been. Apparently, swimming! :~)
Peace, girl.

The seasons are changing here too, although given the drought and all, it's hard to tell. Still, there's something in the air and the light is slower to arrive in the mornings.

Enjoy your garden!