Google+ What I Made Today: Love in the Studio, the Gardens and the Kitchen

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Love in the Studio, the Gardens and the Kitchen


Today, thanks to the morning spitting that kept me out of the gardens, I made time in my art journals. This page is from my large, personal journal. She'll have words added. Words that will be shared judiciously.


I started trimming and sorting the harvested and cured garlic by size so that I'll be prepared for planting time, which will sneak up on me. It usually does. I still have more garlic to harvest and cure (and trim and sort). You can never grow too much garlic.


And I bottled some kombucha and fed the never-ending batch with some fresh sweet tea. This is pretty much a weekly task. I have several bottles in storage, months old, and they're delicious. They even mix into a nice cocktail.

I spent some time in the gardens with the kinky tomato plants who wanted to be tied up again. I surveyed the little plot of land for things getting ready for harvest, and plucked some cilantro with which to to garnish this evening's chili.

That's what I made today. Love.

And Peace.


PS  Don't forget to check out all the great blogalong blog posts today!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful day.

you certainly can never have too much garlic, i agree.

i love that painting/journal page -- the colours and the energy are mesmerizing.

xoxo

Deborah Weber said...

Gorgeous journal page - so vibrant and enticing. She looks like she has wonderful things to say.

And the rest of your creative day sounds delightful as well. I agree it's impossible to have too much garlic. I'd be happy to find a way to incorporate it into my breakfast.

Tami said...

Love love your journal page! And you are so right about garlic.. So happy to meet you and visit a bit.

Karen Stewart Elliott said...

This journal page just draws me in. The colors are wonderful. I like hearing all the things you are up to--the mentions of the garden and, looking at some of your posts, it seems you do much canning, etc. The pictures are enticing. Thank you for your post.

Ruth said...

Rose,

Thanks for checking out what I am doing. I believe that we are channels, so "witnessing" makes creating and expressing a pleasure.

What a lovely site you have here. Yummy, kombucha is one of my favorite drinks.

Lori-Lyn said...

Oh, I love that journal page! She's magnificent.

Effy said...

That journal page is scrumptious!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you, lovies ~ one and all. Your beautiful comments fuel my bloggin' motivation! ♡

Cin said...

Love the painting. :) Bright colours are wonderful!

Patricia said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with all of this! You make your OWN kombucha? Is it very hard to do? I love to drink it but could do without the $4 a bottle price tag! And growing your own garlic (which you're correct, you can never have too much of) seems like a lot of work too! How do you find the time for all of it? I enjoyed reading your post a lot :D

Tammie Lee said...

oh, time for art and so much more
makes me smile
xo

Fil said...

I love reading your posts Rose .... you make me want to go out into the garden and plant things and maybe I'll manage more than herbs now :)

I tried Kombucha once when I was last in New England - it's fabulous ... haven't even seen it for sale here.

Fil said...

I love reading your posts Rose .... you make me want to go out into the garden and plant things and maybe I'll manage more than herbs now :)

I tried Kombucha once when I was last in New England - it's fabulous ... haven't even seen it for sale here.