Google+ What I Made Today: Delicious Greens

Friday, June 27, 2014

Delicious Greens


So today I heated a little olive oil in a large-ish pot and added a handful or two of chopped garlic scapes. I grated a bit of fresh ginger into the pot, added the chopped stems of some beautiful, organic asian greens from Dineberg's Farm and stirred it around. I forget the name of the green, I'll have to check with Farmer Karl, but this would be delicious with any Brassicaceae family green). Anyhoo ... When the stems started to show the slightest bit of translucency (mere minutes) I tossed in some sesame seeds, sliced radishes and then the rough-chopped leaves of the mystery greens, added a bit more ginger, gave it another stir, and placed the lid on it for a few minutes before taking it from heat.

This took less than 15 minutes, including the time to wash and cut the greens.

I let it sit, covered, until it cooled to a mild-warm while I cleaned up the cutting board, knife and prep bowls, and then stirred in a splash of fish sauce and some unpasteurized shoyo sauce (any true soy sauce will do).

I ate some on the spot. How could I not? De-freakin'-licious! The rest is tucked in the refrigerator to enjoy with a "cold" dinner on this upcoming hot summer evening, when I might garnish it with some chopped roasted peanuts.

Yeah. That's what I made today. Thanks to Dineberg's Farm.

Peace.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds yummy! That is my kind of food. Thank you for sharing.

Tammie Lee said...

i love greens
and these sound delish indeed!

w said...

I need to have a full stomach when I read your posts. I seriously wanted to lick the screen. Deeeelish!

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering