Google+ What I Made Today: The Work, Pleasure, and Play

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

The Work, Pleasure, and Play

There's Moonshine watercolor shadow work in progress. It seems to be activating some of the murky sludge that's apparently in deep retreat at the bottom of my current cauldron. It's feeling very turbid, and... ominous even. So I'm taking and making time with all the facets of this fascinating and - dare I say - daunting exercise.

On the lighter side of creative expression is a focus on Pleasure (after all, it is the lusty month of May). So I'm amusing (and, quite frankly, distracting) myself with inks, paints, pencils, pens, etc., with zero expectations of outcomes, in a way that is pure play. And I dig it.

This is a season that reminds me that "workdesk" takes on meaning that includes the shelves of seedlings 'n' plants still down in the basement under the grow-lights, and the plants in the greenhouse, and the plants hardening of on the table outside the greenhouse... workdesks, one and all. 

I sporadically join the weekly creative fun of What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday, and this is one of those days. Join the fun, or simply visit the creations of this week's sharings at WOYWW

Peace. ðŸ•Š

7 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Oh I agree, there are lots of different workde4sks - it's just frustrating when they all demand attention at the same time. Beautiful colours in your artwork, I think they are exciting! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #11

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Hi Rose, sounds like a lot of growing goin'on! I'm tempted to get lights too as my seedlings always start leaning over trying to escape to the light! Love what you're working on there - some really great areas. What will you do with it? Enjoy the sun on the plants (hopefully), Lisa-Jane #10

Crafting With Jack said...

I love the colours in you work. I expect the garden is calling a lot of people, hope yours isn’t too wet! Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This works for me too. I often play with techniques with no idea of how I might use it when completed. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you again Rose. Loving those painty images. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

I love those colours you've used!Have a good week. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Mary Anne said...

Nice to see you! And what stunning colours. Yes, tis true, sometimes, the desk is a garden or a caravan or out and about at a tea shop or museum. It all counts and we all love seeing it all :D
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)