Google+ What I Made Today: Apologies Accepted

Friday, December 18, 2009

Apologies Accepted


"I'm sorry mommy, but they were so good and I only had a couple." ::groan::

Yeah ... if a couple is something close to 50.

You see, iced cookies like the Anginettes I leave out, covered only with a cotton cloth so that the icing has a day or two to set-up nice. Not only that but Halley doesn't take food from the table ... well she did once when we first got her (and that involved a loaf of wrapped banana bread), but not since. Well, that is until last night. I woke at 3:something AM to the sound of The Boy's voice saying, "What did you do?" I knew in a flash that it wasn't saint Nick.

All I can say is I hope she enjoyed them and I hope she's not too sick today. Heck, I can make more cookies.

Dumb dog.

I love her so.

12 comments:

Watcher said...

I really hope yours doesn't get sick! Mine chomped on the plunger and got a terrible tummy bug.

Meghann said...

awww poor puppy! I hope she's okay. Arwen sends her gentle kisses :)
Get well soon sweetheart!
Meg and Arwen

Unknown said...

Poor baby! I wonder if she thinks they were worth it, lol!

Unknown said...

Awwwww! How can you not accept an apology from such a sweet face. She looks repentant. :-)

Susan said...

My cat ate a branch off a plastic Christmas tree last week and had to have emergency surgery. Can you say "Merry Christmas"?!?

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh dear! I have lost a few sandwiches that way, but all those cookies...!!! I guess they were just TOO good to resist...

Jiorji said...

HAHA she sure looks guilty. The kind of guilt look people get after eating ten donuts knowing they're on a diet. siiighhhh

Duni said...

Awww...she looks so cute.
I hope she feels better soon. Your cookies must've been really yummy :)

ps - thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

best wishes,

Duni

Laura Rose said...

awww...look at that face!

Reeni said...

Their just so irresistible! I hope he's ok. We have to keep our living room gated because Moon chews the fake limbs right off and thinks nothing of chomping down on the Christmas lights. We don't understand what the appeal is.

alessandra said...

So funny, I hope she doen't get sick, groan!

Ruth said...

Awww, she's so cute! Hope her tummy feels better. Happy Yule!