Google+ What I Made Today: A Little Sweetness

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Little Sweetness


It has been too long since my last blog post and I really must recommit myself to more frequent posts, for surely I make something every single day of this magical life.

The Boy had today off, so we made a pot of morning coffee and enjoyed a rather leisurely morning. I got some new Spirit Cord Page Savers listed at my ArtFire and Zibbet shops before we headed out to tend to errands and wander a local tree farm to listen for the Yule tree that wanted us. We gave thanks to the spirit of the tree, brought it home, set it up, gave it a good drink of water, and strung the lights. Now it relaxes into it's new transient home for a day before the rest of the decorating commences. The hut is pregnant with piney fir fragrance. Not to mention homemade bread that The Boy made.

I made some progress on preparing some base finishes for some upcoming works of art too.  Winter vegetables are roasting in the oven and soup simmering on the stovetop. Life is pretty sweet today. I hope the same for you!

That's what I made today. Peace.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun and I just love coming to your blog and reading your sweet words. Not quite sure what the page savers are, but I love the colors and textures.
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne

Anonymous said...

must smell amazing!! & so love the way you say 'The Boy'... mine is 'The Mister' ;-)

booahboo said...

You write so beautifully... it sounds like a song and i am at peace reading about your day. Beautiful day indeed. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

Understand about blogging. Only my tumblr gets my attention lately. Your tree sounds lovely (picture?) ours will calling to us on Sunday. Your works of art I assume will be journal covers. They look beautiful. My Boy aka Lover Bunny is keeping us going with work. Hugs to you Rose~~

JDConwell said...

I wondered just yesterday how you were doing. Sounds like you're doing fine. :~)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Leta ~ some are the mini journals, and some are ACEOs … or *will* be! :)

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Nice to have a wonderful tree up and get in the spirit of the holiday season. Hope we can get ours up tomorrow. I wish you a wonderful December of peace and joy! Hugs
Cindy

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Nice images!

Tammie Lee said...

sounds like a lovely day and yes some sweetness ~

Jo-Ann Dziubek-MacDonald said...

These are lovely, Rose...thanks for sharing :) I understand what you mean about blogging, it is sometimes hard to keep it up, I struggle with that material and time.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!