Google+ What I Made Today: Simple Magic

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Simple Magic


It stormed last night, complete with thunder and strobe-like lightening. I got up to pull my little seedlings under cover just in case the rain got hard. I must say, it was quite an electrifying show. The morning greeted me cool, calm and cloudy, and the day progressed with a mix of sun and cloud and barely a hint of humidity. It was a delight compared with the August-in-May day we had yesterday, and it made for a simply perfect garden day.

Dinner was simple. Fresh trout with rice mixed with garden herbs and a salad of store-bought romaine mixed with dandelion greens and other assorted garden goodies.
Dinner was followed by by a simple night out with a friend. Our original intention was to stand in loving prayer to quietly counter objectors that were expected to be protesting at a local high school performance of The Laramie Project. The simple intention worked on its own. The protesters didn't show, and we were able to attend a moving performance of light that shines in deep, deep darkness.

All in all, it made for a simply loving day. Peace.

8 comments:

Vincent James Pia said...

"The Laramie Project" is an amazing play! Holly and I saw it at the Brookfield Theater for the Arts recently, and were simply blown-away by it. The same thing happened there in regards to the protests.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that they didn't show up and the play turned out lovely.

LetaMarieDesigns said...

I know about the Laramie Project and would love a chance to see it.Glad it went well for you. BTW did you or hubby catch the Trout? I love fish~~

Healing Woman said...

I'm so glad you posted this and drew my attention to the Laramie Project. If and when it comes to my town, Roanoke, I will try to see it.

Laura Rose said...

It was an awesome storm! The lightening was amazing! :)

Tammie Lee said...

Such a wonderful evening, in every way. Lovely flower too~

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I'm glad there were no protestors! It's an amazing play and should be seen by everyone, I think. Some stories really need to be told, and this is one of them.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It was a great performance and seemed to express an added poignancy coming from high school students.