Google+ What I Made Today: More Mini Journals

Monday, February 20, 2012

More Mini Journals


There's a part of me that wants to ask for your blessing and beg for your forgiveness for this long overdue blog post.

… must be tied to an aspect of my upbringing … 

Yet there's another part of me that wonders why?

February has proven to be a very busy and productive month and I expect that trend to continue. Accelerate, even. I've reorganized my time so that I'm online less and while that has distinct benefits, I realize I can't leave my blog fallow for quite so long.

I reflect back to a time when I was posting every day … and I wonder how I did that? But the wondering evolves into the realization that posting a daily update takes mere minutes and it's up to me how I choose to invest those minutes. I'll be more diligent, I promise, but daily posts are likely a thing of the past (especially with spring around the corner and seeds to start, gardens to tend, food to grow, harvests to preserve!).

All that aside, I've created some new mini journals these past couple of weeks, as you can see. I have more completed, not pictured here, and more still in process. Creating these little pieces functional art is truly an act of health and wellness for me, a practice of expressive Medicine. And because I'm loathe to waste paint (and pollute the mama) I create ACEOs and art journal pages as I make these journals. It's a joy, really!

So today I got a few listed in my ArtFire and my Zibbet shops and will be listing more over the coming days. I hope you'll stop by to take a closer look as well as watch for the new listings as they get up.

So … that's what I made today. How 'bout you?

Peace.

19 comments:

Shadow Dog Designs said...

Beautiful mini-journals, Rose! I do miss your posts but totally understand. Have taken a step or two back myself and am aiming for 1-2 a week instead of 3-5. Many other things to do. Now off to check our your new listings . . . Peace and joy to you!

Maiden Jane said...

I love your journals! I am glad you are managing your online time. I am working on that...otherwise it's a time suck! My goal is 5 posts per week now...but it does take quite a bit of time.

Can't wait for spring!

Noulli said...

I understand completely on the time management. I need to have a better schedule of what to do when. When the creative muse strikes, I have lots of things that I want to say, but do not take the time. Then when the creative fairies desert me, I have have plenty of time but feel I have nothing to say...

Thanks for all your support and promotion too. I know that takes a great deal of time and effort as well...Off for some tea, hope you have a serene day!!

Wendy said...

Hey there Rose. My first visit to your blog. Soothing, reflective, inspirational and creative. Managing time is a challenge when so many things pull us in so many directions. Making time for creativity is crucial but not always easy. I believe blogs should flow when the moment and thoughts align themselves. I cared for my Mom and worked on a bed jacket for her today. Looking for ways to reinvent myself and extend/ augment my bakery etsy shop. Thanks for the Jammies tweets! I'll be back. Take care!

Sharkbytes said...

You need to do what you need to do, but we always like hearing from you.

Adaptable Kay said...

I'm in a place right now where all I DO is contribute to my online world and I'm not living my real world-It's a hard balance to keep for me right now, but I'm working on things, just as you are.

All we can do is the best we're doing :)

You've made another batch of gorgeous journals!

Unknown said...

The Journals are just so darn beautiful! It is a struggle (for me) to maintain a online world and the one around us. I don't blog often and have stopped beating myself over that fact.

Jan Conwell said...

No forgiveness necessary--indeed congrats are in order for the productivity. The mini journals are beautiful.

earthen-magic said...

...greetings and merry meet! ~ quietly beautiful! ~ thankyoU for the share! ~ blessed be!...
...xXx...

Healing Woman said...

I know what you mean-I used to post every day too. Now I find it better for me to post about once a week.

Your journals are lovely, as usual. Glad to hear you are productive in the winter. I stay that way too but a lot of people sort of close down..

charlie b. said...

They are lovely!

Time does have a way of slipping away sometimes, when online.

What I made today? I started turning those sheets into stripping so I can begin my crocheted bath rug. Am really enjoying the process so far. : )

Kim said...

Rose.....these are beautiful! it does a body good to stay busy and I do understand the need for time management. Congrats for getting a handle on it. Happy Creating!!

Nichola said...

Those are lovely!

Unknown said...

Your journals are really lovely.

Anonymous said...

Artistic inspiration, as always!! & reading you struggle too with online time... I am not alone in this blogger world! I love my little 'blog art project', but it is hard to balance. & like you said, with Spring on it's way...seeds to be sown, soil to be tilled... soon, less time will be spent inside.

I look forward to seeing you here & reading what you're up to, as often as is perfect, just for you ;-)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

As always, your journals are sooo very lovely. :) It is good to hear from you - I totally understanding about the blog posting. I used to do it so much more than I do now - along with other forms of social media. But now I don't seem to be able to find all that time. I think it is quality, however, that matters.

V said...

Gorgeous journals, again! I totally get what you mean. I felt posting on my blog all the time about my life was preventing me from fully engaging in my life. Now I'm in this strange fog of wanting to remember to take pictures of everything and post about it, so that I will have these things to look back on (with blog2book.com), but I can't seem to stop seeding, trying new recipes, painting, socializing, and revamping our house! With a fulltime job and additional volunteer hours, I'm lucky if I get to read anyone else's blog. But I am sure glad to read yours!

Gaby Bee said...

I was doing some blog hopping and found you. These mini journals are GORGEOUS! I don't know which one is my favorite. They are all so lovely.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Greetings from Germany,
Gaby

Mixed Kreations said...

Your journals are beautiful, and you have a very lovely blog to. This is my first visit. I will be happy when I learn how to manage my online presents better to. Seem like I spend more time online then creating. I just added a blog to my site, and not being a writing, it has been a real challenge. So I just do what I can.