Google+ What I Made Today: Sabbatikos

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sabbatikos


I honor "threes." I pay attention to patterns of three. When the third person asked what was going on with my blog because I'd not posted in so long, I thought I'd better pause to share where I Am.

April and May felt hectic to me. I felt pressure and rattling stress. I felt frazzled, tired and worn out. I sat with those feelings until I sunk to their roots. My roots. There, I looked up and saw that trimming was in order.

I cancelled planned travel and a few other activities, as well as tabled other projects I had ready for scheduling. I stayed tuned-in to those roots and continued gazing into my world, and began pruning life-foliage, my visible life. Know what I mean? And I've been witnessing and trimming ever since, recreating my upper world in a way that my roots can support.

It's true that this removes me from some aspects of life that I realize as valuable. It's not (necessarily) easy, simple or enjoyable. Yet, I acknowledge that even a life made manifest in the most intentional of ways can grow beyond what can be healthfully supported, no matter how charmed or blessed it may be. So even charms and blessings must be clipped, like this space I share with you here, among others, until the roots are tended, nourished and can carry the new-growth-to-come.

And it will.

That is all.

For now.

::wink::

Peace.

13 comments:

rainadelmagick said...

It is good to see a new post from you. I too am pulling in my energies in order to focus on complete well being. This is very hard since i have been ill for so long now. Your words and thoughts are inspiring. Maybe as fellow artists we can find ways to support each others growth. Peace be with you as well. rainadelmagick

Healing Woman said...

I really like the inspiration this post provides. The Celts believe in the power or 3 as well. Lightening from the top to build deeper roots makes sense to me. Beautiful!

Alicia Louise McKitis Tremper said...

...and yet through all of this work you still shared all of those beautifully crafted faces!!

Gayle said...

I love the thought of recreating the top so it can be better supported by the roots. Wise words for us all .

Julia Winkler said...

So nice to see you again. Tending the inner garden is so important. Without that foundation, everything else collapses. Be well!

Third Blessing said...

I think June & July are my frazzled months.. that's the way it feels anyway. I too need to trim a few things. I suppose sometimes we just need a nudge in the right direction. Thank you for posting this. At least I know the light is there, I just have to travel a little longer down the tunnel.

Anonymous said...

Yu are so right !! You have to take care of yourself.
I love the artwork, beautiful and very true.
Have a great day.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

Have been doing a LOT of trimming, too. Slowing down and getting back to what really matter . . . Beautiful post, Rose.

Adaptable Kay said...

3 holds a very special place in my life as well, so I can understand the personal significance.

It's good to hear that you're doing what needs to be done for YOU! After all, your well being comes before anyone elses' (essentially speaking).

Kim said...

Ah, yes we all need to do some pruning once in a while. I try to stay in tune with my roots and can feel it when my roots can't support the rest of my being. And yet, the pruning is not always easy. Blessings and love!

Tammie Lee said...

how wonderful, the way you tend to your balance, your life, your health and spirit.

thank you for being an inspiration to me and to us.

blessings to you
all ways
t

Anonymous said...

This is a beautifully written piece, Rose, one we can all learn from.

I've been wanting to share for quite some time: to me, you are the 'mother' of all bloggers.... I mean, you were the 1st blogger I stumbled upon, through a friend's facebook page. The 1st blogger that I felt spoke directly to me through words, art & nature, the things closest to my heart. Through your blog I've found other lovely & interesting creative souls who I cherish as new friends, like you. Though, you had no idea.... you were mentoring me as a writer, creator, artisan - helping me develop my own personal 'brand' [for lack of a better word].

Wishing you the absolute best in your pruning, creating, recreating.

Until next time....
Debra Anne [Rayno] Lindell

Zom said...

I love this drawing.