Google+ What I Made Today: Love with Fiber

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Love with Fiber


Between studio and garden work I finished up and listed three Spirit Pouches. Making these little mojo bags has been my latest creative obsession. And I'm having loads of fun choosing the buttons for them from my vintage button stash. I have more that I'll be listing in the days ahead, so keep an eye out, and of you're local, stop by my studio to experience them in person!


I spun some Spirit Cords today, too, since the fibers were out and around me. This cord, called "Harmony" is a blend of lovely coral wool and acrylic boa yarn in shades of turquoise with a hint of green throughout, and is one of a limited edition of six cords. I spun others too, and they'll make their way to my ArtFire shop and studio soon.

In addition to these creative delights I picked up the winnings from our Open Studios at Whiting Mills raffle (which I foolishly neglected to blog about last week) and contacted the winners. That's always fun ~ saying "you won!" I also transplanted some of my greenhouse babes, watered my garden seedlings and perused my little acre for the next wild harvests, and discovered some that will get my attention tomorrow.

So, yeah, that's what I made today.

Peace.

17 comments:

Fil said...

I love the colours in that spirit cord ...
Fil
Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

Healing Woman said...

I really like that you lead a productive life, especially in the garden. Your garlic post was exciting to me and I love your little spirit bags.

Debi said...

OhI have missed you! Love your mojo bags! I treasure the tiny notebook you gifted me in my order , months back! One of my treasures! xoDebi

Dawn Hill said...

As usual you blow me away with all that you do. Guess I did not win that chair I was drooling over! ;)

sandra de said...

Sweet little mojo bags and the vintage buttons are wonderful. There is something special about jars of vintage buttons finding new life in the 21st century.

Sharkbytes said...

The little bags are cute. I'm always intrigued by little bags, but then never know what to do with them if I get one, so I just enjoy looking.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh, Debi,you are so sweet to share that! Thank you for your kindness. :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Nope, Dawn, you didn't. :(

Tammie Lee said...

It sounds like spring and you are in full swing, making all sorts wonderful things and activities. Your spirit makings are to be treasured.

sheila 77 said...

I love little bags like this. That looks like a special button on the dark bag.

Faye said...

Such beautiful work! I love the light colored one. I know it must be fun selecting just the right buttons for them.

sandy said...

Those are so pretty! Love the colorful one.

Erika said...

Wonderful Fiber Art, dear Rose. Love these pretty little things.
Hugs and love
Erika

Jester said...

Such lovely little bags and I love the colours of the spirit cord.

Kris Bradley said...

Got my beautiful Spirit Pouch in the mail yesterday! Love, love, love it! Thank you so much!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I'm so glad to know that it arrived safely, Kris ... and that you love it! Thank you!

Jeanne Fry Art said...

Oh how I love these !