Google+ What I Made Today: Wings to Soar with November

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Wings to Soar with November

Photo by Christopher Marchese - christophermarch@aol.com
Tempus Fugit. November is soaring. I've been busy settling into my new studio space at Whiting Mills, and there's still much I want to do. The space is larger than my original studio there, and that has afforded me the delight of moving in more aspects of my home herbal dispensary. My spouse is building me lovely floor selves of local, native, rough-cut pine to solve for the challenge of the handsome brick walls. I've been able to segment the space for creating art, dispensary work, classes and meetings... energy healing, consultations and intuitive readings, even retail and comfort too. When I make the time and space to sit back, to take it all in, I'm over the moon about it.

Like all things, this studio space will be an evolution and it's sure to see a number of changes over the coming days, weeks, months and years, but for the moment I must force myself to focus on those aspects of urgency ~ the events and happenings coming up over the next month.

Last weekend was all about the heART journal and so is today. I'll be joined by a few folks who will share several hours nurturing the holistic Power of their Creative Expression and creating heART along with me. And I'm looking forward to it.

Next Saturday I'll be joining with many others around Whiting Mills, Winsted, Connecticut and everywhere to take part in Small Business Sunday ~ a day to support our local merchants and nurture our local economies. I hope your are too - Shop Local!

And coming up on the first weekend in December is our annual Whiting Mills Holiday Open Studios! This is always a great weekend, with every studio participating, guest artists, entertainment (including the wonderful Joseph FireCrow), plus food, and this year there's an opportunity for visitors to win this most-awesome "I've Been Through The Mill" T-shirt!

There will be several drawings to win a T-shirt throughout the weekend. Fun, eh? So if you're in Winsted, Connecticut, stop by, tour the fabulous ol' historic building that is Whiting Mills, the many inspired talents that are housed there ~ and visiting ~ and enter to win this fab 'n' fun T-shirt!

Hope to see you regional friends at one point or another in the coming weeks! And to you more distant friends... consider a road-trip! :D

With that, I gotta attach my wings and get soaring if I wanna keep up with November! Peace.

4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

I love that portrait of you, just lovely and perfect.
Everything sounds so wonderful. Your life must be very full and i wonder how it will be during growing season! A shop and gardening. I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Love that picture of you! I'm so excited for you and your new space - it is beautiful and evolving! The excitement is building and soaring is a great way to put it.

Carol said...

Great photo and you look right at home in your new space.

Doreen Breen said...

Love the new studio space and your presence in it! Thank you for the joy you bring to others- me included - with heART journaling. May your November days and all days be as special as you are!