Google+ What I Made Today: A Web of Holistic Harvests and Preserves

Friday, September 9, 2016

A Web of Holistic Harvests and Preserves

 This week's been another filled to overflow with harvesting and preserving, not the least being these gorgeous quarts of Illini Gold heirloom purée.

 Goldenrod is our Herb of the Month and I've been harvesting it for weeks now, creating tincture, infused vinegar, honey and oils, to dry and jar up for teas and other uses in the months ahead, and to make this single-stalk Spirit Wand.

Today I take my cue from the lovely yellow garden spider, Argiope aurantia, who's been busy harvesting amid the Chinese leeks and who has a respectable pantry built up. So today I shall make time to harvest and put-by, holistically, with some writing, some soap making, some herb harvesting, preparations for tomorrow's Spirit Wand workshop, a visit to the Winsted Farmers' Market and a big dose of Friday evening R&R on the deck this evening.

Peace.



2 comments:

Carol said...

Your are busy with the same projects as myself :) It's that time of year ♥

Tammie Lee said...

I have never used Golden Rod for anything, I grows in our mountains and along the dirt roads. So beautiful to have golden lined roads. It is also amongt our few last flowers.

Looks like you are up to good stuff!