Google+ What I Made Today: Springtime Medicine

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Springtime Medicine


Like the transition of the seasons around me, I've been pensive, reluctant to give up the evening fires at home, and the whole holistic verve of the long, dark nights. Winter has been reluctant as well. I see this Truth in the piles of snow from our last storm. And Spring, likewise, has been reluctant. Reluctant to shove ol' Winter off of center stage. Yet, I see Spring in the emerging patches of exposed earth and the life awakening there... in the seedlings I have started... in the waxing daylight that taunts me outdoors, even as the damp chill lingers. And I see it in me.

All seasonal transitions are beautiful, meaningful and valuable to me. Yet this one ~ winter to spring ~ seems to latch on to my awareness like no other. Or... maybe it just feels that way because, well, here we are in it.

I honor and love so deeply the razor-sharp awareness that I seem to experience as Spring pushes Winter aside. This time of obvious transition offers lessons, challenges, chances to glean Wisdom, ripe with mundane mystery, complex simplicity, temporal divinity...

With that, I invite you to make moments of pause, to join me in this time of enchantment, time and again, to b.r.e.a.t.h.e. in the season's Good Medicine.

Peace.

PS Since I'm preparing to get out 'n' about in Nature, I'm linking this to this past week's Art Journal Journey. It's a stretch, maybe, but I'm goin' for it! And linking to Paint Party Friday as well!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Good medicine indeed.

Tammie Lee said...

yes, such good medicine, thank you.
it is slow in coming here too, but steady all the same.
new birds show up daily it seems and i saw my first butterfly yesterday.

Carol said...

Spring has arrived a bit earlier here this year. We already have tulips gracing our flower gardens and the first sprigs of asparagus showed their heads this morning. I feel the awakening in Nature and in myself ♥

Felicity said...

very nice
really glad to read your penses, thank you so much
Natalie

froebelsternchen said...

Your words and art brings hope and makes the heart happy Rose!
Thank you for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Great to see you there!
Happy spring!
oxo Susi

BLOGitse said...

Thnaks for your visit on my blog and your kind words!
I feel much better now but eating is still not so beautiful to watch because chewing is still difficult, only in front of the mouth :)
Spring is my season, love it, breath it!

~*~Patty S said...

You express so beautifully in words and in your art this transition time. I so enjoy experiencing each of the seasons for different reasons.
Really lovely Rose.
oxo

Meggymay said...

It was lovely to read your post and see your wonderful art pages. Each season brings its own joy for us all.
Yvonne

DVArtist said...

This is a lovely post.

Sharkbytes said...

Love the dots around the images.