Google+ What I Made Today: Welcome, Vernal Days

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Welcome, Vernal Days

The western patch of our main vegetable garden was transitioning with the solar shift of the seasons, clinging to patches of winter snow.
The few thawed patches of well-mulched top soil at the top of the south-facing slope, and close to the hut's foundation, attracted the attention of the ladies.
On the transitional day that bid farewell to winter and welcomed spring I was gifted with quiet time and space to sit on my garden stone, sip tea, soak in the light and warmth, observe the symbols of the shifting landscape, and enjoy the antics of the ladies.
The day of winter-to-spring was a spectacular gift of light and warmth, and I was outdoors for most of it, including journaling time on the deck, as the ladies free ranged wherever the snow was not.
I welcome the the shift of the winter-to-vernal days, and I am grateful for the bright warm sunshine on the transitional day, even if I was unable to direct seed in the still-frozen topsoil, as today, on the first full vernal day on our little acre, clouds and rain and snow showers will likely keep me mostly indoors. So I count my blessings, and I am grateful. Every day. Every season. I wish the same for you.


Peace. 🕊

6 comments:

Christine said...

Welcome spring to our worlds!

froebelsternchen said...

Spring is wonderful ! Enjoy! Love your girls. They are so pretty!

Big hugs, from Austria

Susi

Lisa Ives said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of your day! I too celebrated the day outside, and the reminder to cling to what brings us joy is so timely!

Rike said...

Wonderful words and your ladies are beauties!

Chris Lally said...

Lovely, lovely post! Your ladies made me smile...

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww...hens....fresh eggs.
have a great day