Google+ What I Made Today: Summer Time for heART Medicine

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Summer Time for heART Medicine

 
I'm making time for heART Medicine this summer, and it feels good. Don't get me wrong, I make time for this Medicine most every day in one of my heART journals, yet when planting-tending-harvesting-preserving becomes a daily mission, it can be a challenge and often my entries are small... the size of postage stamps. So making time for full spreads has been a pleasure. And I feel canvas looming in the wings. And it feels good.

A big piece of my summer heARTful inspiration is born of the activity of joining others at Heather Neilson's studio to create journals, art, inspiration and community together. This activity has been such good Medicine. I'm sure I'll have more to show you in the weeks ahead, like this simple honor to  my beloved Sekhmet, born of scribbled class pages covered with a thin layer of gesso, a couple colors mingled with white, a gel medium transfer, ink, and words.
I have three journals going in the studio right now, plus the one I carry with me. It's a great way to leverage the hottest parts of the day, to be still, to listen within, to listen without, to engage simple form, color, and express from the heARTflame.

And one page of this two page spread fits the current theme of art challenge #194 ~ Animals, and Paint Party Friday. If you like art, or animals, click over to check the works of other fine creatives. EnJOY.

Peace. 🕊

12 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely journaling Rose. Happy you dropped by my blog

Much🕊❤🕊love

Sharon said...

Lovely!

Sue (this n that) said...

Your journal artpieces are beautiful Rose. I love the feel of the colours you've chosen too. Happy PPF and thanks for your visit, Sue 💐

DVArtist said...

Rose you are busy with three journals going. Your art is always beautiful and inspiring.

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful art journal pages! happy PPF (a little late:)

Courtney said...

Awesome art journal pages! It's a great idea to have several going at once...I do that also! I like moving between the pages/projects while others are drying. Thanks for sharing your pages and happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Great to see you around again Rose! Both journal pages are fabulous, love the soft colours. Have fun with your classdz, hugs, Valerie

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It's great to make time for heART Medicine, no matter how small or big. Your pages are so lovely!

-Soma

froebelsternchen said...

This pages are simply amazing Rose!!!
Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More! Much appreciated my friend! I linked you up, sorry I wasn't online this past weekend! Happy July ! Susi xxx

Azka Kamil said...

awesome article.
thank for sharing & have a nice day

BLOGitse said...

Journal pages, there are so many of you, I need to try it too! (but where/how to begin?)
Your pages are cool!

Rosie said...

Just wonderful

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE