Google+ What I Made Today: Intentions of Color

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Intentions of Color

The pace of the autumn harvest season has tempered, though there's still plenty out there. Freezing temps are still somewhere over the horizon, so there's still room to breathe. But when that seasonal friend enters there will be a great sense of urgency for all the summer harvests. The autumn harvests are cool in the gardens until the deep freezing hits and/or snow falls. It's a fascinating and magical time of year, full of joy and melancholy. 

It's the season that allows more time for indoor activities, so aside from my usual journaling (currently B&W) I'm making space for intentions of color with my collection of watercolor options. I've been doing some meditative play with them, inspired by the opening session of Tamara Laporte’s Life Book 2023 tasters offering where I created "Breathe magic." 

So that's what's on my work table today: A daily(ish) journal and intentions of color. I share this with anticipation of seeing all that's shared by my re-acquainted creative friends for this week's What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday. I invite you to take a peek, and mayhaps join us!

Peace. 🕊 

10 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We're having a similar day here and it's pouring it down with rain. Take care and hope your woyww is a happy one. Hugs, Angela x13x

Helen said...

I love autumn ( except when it's wet) Enjoy colouring your journal page. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I adore monochrome pen work so really enjoyed your page, I find it very satisfying. I also enjoy the way you use words, very poetic, perfect for heading into the autumn season with its mists and mellow fruitfulness!
Hugs LLJ 15 xx

Christine said...

After the sunshine, the sudden change to cold and rain is quite a shock.
Love your intentions.... Will brighten up your day
Christine #17

Crafting With Jack said...

I love the autumn, but not so muc the colder nights. Mostly rain all day today though 🙁 happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wish Kansas would learn that it's autumn. Today it was 90 F. We have been told cooler weather is on the way, though.

I love your black and white drawing. It is beautiful. I would love to see how you use your watercolors using Tam's opening taster. I think I may have missed it. Those are definitely serious watercolors! Happy WOYWW from # 2.

Sarah Brennan said...

Definitely an indoor time of year Rose. Look forward to seeing the finished drawing with or without colour. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Mary Anne said...

I love both colour and B&W so either or for me! I am not looking forward to the chill, but better than the rainy and miserable summer, alternating with the odd week of extreme heat! Enjoy Life Book. I did it a few years back but too many portraits for me - I am not at all good at anything representational and didn't seem to get any better with practice LOL! I'll have to stick with flinging paint about, collage and art journaling. :)
Welcome back!

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (8)

Julia Dunnit said...

I am a big fan of Autumn, no doubt..but I have really enjoyed the temperate and unexpected early part, we too have rain and lower temps on the horizon and I can't say I'm looking forward to that part!
Loving your black and white journaling, never mind the colour preparation, I think that is just as mindful!

Spyder said...

It was very cloudy here on Wednesday so I asked my phone what the weather was like, and the answer came back...'is it raining there yet?' I andswered '"no!" and it came back with ...thank you for your input'.... so?? is that how they work out the weather. just ask who asking? Anyway, still put the washing under the car port...so it should be dryby this time next week!..Sorry I'm sooo late, love all the painting stuff.HaPPY WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#22