Google+ What I Made Today: Today I'll make Whatever Pesto... for tomorrow

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Today I'll make Whatever Pesto... for tomorrow

"Whatever pesto" is whatever will ask to be harvested today, to be blended together with some salt and good olive oil.

It will likely be wild onion grass, chives, garlic chives, arugula, oregano trimmings, baby horseradish leaves, some young comfrey leaves, cleavers, dandelion leaves, perhaps a bit of lemon balm, and a maybe few spinach leaves. I’ll pound them with love ‘n’ appreciation in a mortar ‘n’ pestle, add some olive oil, and sea salt too taste.

I’ll be making this vernal tradition for tomorrow, because the flavors rest ‘n’ meld together under the olive oil to make an alchemy of flavor that doesn’t manifest on day one. It’s magick, and it’s delicioso!


Justice. ðŸ•Š


No comments: