Google+ What I Made Today: Fun

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fun

I didn't make these turkeys (did I?), but their parade through my little backyard just needed to be shared with you.
The boy made more progress on the kitchen project with another cabinet cleaned, repaired, prepped and ready for primer, plus a little plaster wall repair.
I made something with the left-over plaster ... You'll see ... eventually (as will I)!
I finally cut into an Italian art book that the boy salvaged from someplace or another. Understand that I had spent the night before dancing in my living room - with myself, with my dog and yeah - with my spouse too. So, dancing was Up for me and it's no surprise that these dancing beauties made their way in into an old art journal page ...
... remember this page? It's "better" now, isn't it? And funnier too!
Not only that, but tomorrow I'm meeting up with some Suzi Systers for the afternoon. Suzi Systers, you ask? These are women I've met through Suzi Blu and in the Be.Divine. art workshop that I'm taking with Suzi and 135 other goddess systers! Anyway ... all this feminine verve inspired this crazy little journal entry ...

Yeah ... goddesses DO just wanna have fun. Even when they don't look like they DO.

Fun!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats having fun!

Anonymous said...

Your work always amazes me, so talented and I loved seeing the turkeys running through your yard. Surprised it wasn't covered in snow though being in VT.

Tammie Lee said...

My goodness you have been making fun in so many forms. And to think we could have been dancing in a living room together.... if we did not live so far apart. Fun.

Lucas said...

You've a beatiful backyard.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Vermont comment early, for some reason I thought you were in VT, oops!

Luthien Thye said...

lol! the journal is soooo cool!!! i love it !! and my goodness... you have a fairytale backyard! what a joy to live in a place like that... no wonder you are so inspired all the time !!!

Unknown said...

i loved seeing the evolution of the goddesses!! how beautiful!!! you are so talented... can't wait to see what you and The Boy do to your kitchen! :)

Kim said...

What fun, what talent. Ah the joy of dance.
What do materials do I need to start an art journal of my own? Does the type of paper matter? Glue or is something else? You're inspiring me to dabble.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

ingermaaike - fun rules!

manamoon - thanks and no worries about the VT thing. I've mentioned VT before, so that may have been the connection for you. No worries! :)

Tammie Lee - Perhaps we *were* dancing together! I know I was not alone!

Lucas & luthian - I *do* love my backyard and count my blessings daily!

Annie - I've picked out shades of green (surprise, surprise) AND a color I can only describe as a very pale shade of eggplant ...

Kim ... after the new year I'll be looking for some folks willing to play trial balloon for an art-healing-type-workshop/support group I've been making manifest this past year (lifetime). Hmmm ...

Divaeva said...

I so wish I had time to take Suzi's class - better stick to one class at a time though *laughs* Totally love the yard picture! And the artwork - well, as always - you inspire! *hug* ...oh and you know me - always dancing...always having fun - I was right there with you sista! ;)

Anonymous said...

Is that Calendula petals...in our plaster, in your art. The dancers are great. It is like a Baccanalion (sp). The petals are so bright. The make me think of the coming solstice and the rebirth of the sun. What made you chose them??

Anonymous said...

Doh that was: in your plaster & They make me...and choose...3 yooooouuur out. >wink<

Anonymous said...

I love this post! The colors, the subjects...the turkeys! Thanks for a visual feast!
Happy Holidays!

artlover said...

Finally made it here Rose!
Lovely things you've been up to~
Inspirational backyard...
love the dancing goddesses so free and full of life;-)

Mariette x0x

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I can relate Eva - I'd love to take Christopher's workshop!

LOL Ry! What made me choose them? They were at hand. I had a small bowl of them out from my soap-making adventures ... they've made their way into my arts and crafts as well as into the path of my threshold.

So glad you enjoyed Pam!

And Mariette ~ so glad you found your way into this silly little realm of mine! Creative blessings to you!