Google+ What I Made Today: Layers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Layers

In between making love with my gardens, in my kitchen, and making a kind gesture or two I made layers . . .

Remember this one I started a bit back? You may have seen the first few layers.
I added paint and pen and more paint and more pen and a little gesso. 
And at least one more targeted layer of gold.
I wonder what I'll do with this next? Maybe let it rest.

Then I played with layers of crayon and acrylic paint. This was inspired by a blog post from Zom.


Then . . . fresh art journal pages give way to a layer of swirled gesso and three simple colors.

I doodled pen on top of that. 
I'm starting to see a palm tree and some wildlife.  Maybe even a boat? We shall see. We shall see.

I also made a kick-ass garden soup for dinner, complete with calendula flower petals. Yum!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I "was" in the crappiest of crappy moods - then I checked out what ya made today - istantly I was tossed back in time to an island I once visited with swirly sands and blue waters....***Ahhhhhh!***...the soup sounds yummy too! Thanks for making me smile! **hugs**

Unknown said...

these colors are suspiciously close to the colors ive been wrapped around the last few days...and calendula petals in the soup! what a dose of yellow :)!

Lindsay_Loves said...

I love those!

Alison Purple said...

I love the layers aspect. Very cool!

sillie smile said...

i love that you are using layers... and painting your way through a journal. it's so unique :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Amazing! I love seeing the progression of this artwork! It's exciting to see artwork as it's made.

Crystal said...

I love watching these pages evolve...so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Your book is coming along beautifully! It's amazing to me how you can click off photos in between stages. I usually have to sit and create until I'm finished. The soup sounds delish!

tacety said...

*you're lovely* :)

Justgivemepeace said...

Wow! How Cool! I love it, adding and adding and adding until ta!dah! Beautiful!

Debbie Gootter said...

love to see art in progress

Zom said...

Gee, I am finding your pages fascinating. I have never worked from the landscape up.
It is like we are visiting and revisiting some other land. I can't wait to see more!