Google+ What I Made Today: Brews

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Brews

Today I started a new gallon batch of yet another ale-experiment that I'm calling it Apple Spice, though the final name hinges on the flavor of the finished brew. I simmered together dried apples, cardamom seed, cinnamon bark, orange peel and wormwood, then added hibiscus flowers too steep - all organic. It will be ready to prime and bottle in a few weeks, then ready to taste a few weeks after that. I wonder what I'll brew next?

The boy and I scoured the back "lawn" and harvested a few violet flowers. It is a pleasant, zen-like task in any weather, yet one that is especially pleasing on a day like today.

With these lovely flowers I opted to make a brew of another sort - an infused vinegar. I'm looking forward to harvesting more ... and then, as they mature, the leaves for skin-softening infused oils. All in good time, my pretty. All in good time.

There was more, but for most part, that's what I made today.

6 comments:

pigatopia said...

you make some of the neatest stuff I love your blog

Thanx
shannon
www.pigatopia.esty.com

Silke Powers said...

Those brews look wonderful! I'd love to taste one!! Your blog is like a little glimpse into a different world. Thanks!! Silke

Laura Rose said...

Beautiful viola!!

Lucas said...

Your day seems to be wonderful!
Have a nice week :D

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone! I love your comments. :) I enjoyed a Melissa ale from last summer tonight and it was perfectly delightful! I'll have to post another pic of the macerating violas ... the cider vinegar is turning such an amazing color!

Online Garden Fountains said...

Nice concept. I will try it too.. Thanks for sharing it.