Google+ What I Made Today: Brewing Intentions

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brewing Intentions

I only have a pint-sized jar of last year's roasted dandelion roots and today my body and being sung to me a song that led me to that jar. I put the kettle on, ground the lovely roots that had been harvested and roasted last growing season, and let the brew steep. I loved the vibrant colors that were expressed as the infusion began its magic, and how they continued to warm and mute as the time ticked.  I strained and sipped the loving brew all afternoon from my Nono's afternoon teacup.

I sipped and spun more Spirit Cords, allowing my mind to relax and intention to spiral into it from my heart. I sipped and reviewed some of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital literature that arrived today to prepare for one of my coordinator roles for our Forest Folk Festival. I sipped and considered the value of good intentions and the power of good deeds. I sipped and considered that we are also collecting non-perishable foods and other needed goods at Forest Folk for the CT Food Bank this year. I considered BHR's Pay it Forward intentions which have manifested as the BHR Charity Sampler Box. I sipped and delighted in my recent Sampler Box donations and the donations yet to come. I sipped and considered my many blessings, including those that afford me the opportunities to play an active role in all these Good Deeds.

Will you join me in this Brew of Deeds? I would like that. Join me in any way that you are able.

Ashe. Ashe.

15 comments:

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Oh, Rose, I would sew love to join you for a cup of tea, it looks just lovely! Maybe someday!
Blessings and hugs~
Cindy

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Now I'm craving tea :) Maybe I'll go make another cup of pear tea...

Anonymous said...

what a lovely, soothing place. i'm glad our paths have crossed!!!

Kim said...

Sip a sigh of relaxation for me. I met someone Saturday - turned out to be Daniel Green Wolf's brother. Small world.

tarabu said...

Dandelion Root gives me a headache, but Wow, that tea is beautiful!

Silke Powers said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment! I am glad I found your blog that way!! That dandelion tea looks wonderful. Love the cup!

Laura Rose said...

Hot tea cups are getting me through our recent 'arctic front'...so i'll join you!

TizJu said...

Oh my! It's the 8th already!! Time flys when you're enjoying a wonderful cup of Rose's brew! :)

Piggy said...

Ah.. I love tea! I wish I can be there sipping tea with you. :)

Natasha said...

You've not only inspired me to raise a tea glass to you (I wish we could do it in person) I've also been inspired to do more good deeds....

AND to give you an award. You deserve it...please visit my blog to pick it up (http://thursdaysweettreat.blogspot.com/)

Tea, good deeds and happiness

Tammie Lee said...

lovely tea! wonderful deeds, very inspiring.

Ceridwen said...

The color of that tea is lovely, as are your words. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pamela Baker said...

What a vibrant color of dandelion. How great to be able to make a special and soothing tea by brewing one of God's creations.
Some tea's do have that calming effect - what a perfect organization to ponder while sipping away - St. Jude's Hospital for Children - it does so much to help children in need. I would love to come and join you for tea!

Divaeva said...

no hot tea for me until i get back to chilly CT - but I will enjoy a glass of the delicious cab that I got at the wine tasting in Mexico earlier this week... great idea with the food collection at FF - have to send my reg in when I get home!

Karri said...

That looks and sounds so comforting. We all forget to count our own blessings and that doing little things for others are important. Whether it be a donation to a charity..or sharing you fresh baked bread with you neighbor just because he's you neighbor. Even the smallest of gestures can make a difference.

Lovely post!
Brightest Blessings,
Karri