Google+ What I Made Today: Time Bend

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Time Bend

In the past few days I've said to more than a couple of friends that "I'm as busy as I've ever been," and today was no exception.

This morning, as I sipped my steaming cup-o-joe I looked at my to-do list and my first thought was, "no way in Hades can I do all that in one day." Then I paused in the surprise of my own negativity. I paused and considered one of my life mantras, one that happens to mirror the subtitle of this very blog. I paused and said out loud, "I've negotiated with you before, Linear Time, and I invite you to the table again." In that very moment, time began to bend. It bent around me, hugging me with a surprisingly familiar comfort. I smiled and sprung into actiton.

Here I am several "hours" later with all but one item crossed off my list. I even made a phase I experiment of gluten free cookies, and plan to make phase II this evening. Check in tomorrow, I'll share the recipe and my critique. They look good, don't they? They are quite tastey ... just a little too tender ...

Anyway, I have a couple of friends who often tell me that I bend time and I feel that, on occasion, I do. Today was a reminder that things are not always as they seem, that we need to catch and correct ourselves in our (negative) assumptions, and that ... if we can dream something, we can act on it and ... make it manifest.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Those look DELICIOUS! Just like the soft batch cookies (minus all that chocolate) that my boyfriend loves.

Summer Rave said...

In a true state of presence, no time is ever lost.

FreeDragon said...

Every once in a while I bend time while I'm driving. I don't intend to do it, I just decide to arrive at a certain time and then I listen to the radio and enjoy the ride. All of a sudden a 20 minute trip only took 10 minutes.

Laura Rose said...

I've done it too while driving...I should try it more often. Oh, the things we could do if we only knew! did you say gf???

Colleen Kuerth : Truly Noted said...

What great insight! I too often get negative, or downright anxious!, when I look at my to-do list. Before I hyperventilate I remind myself to just look at what's in front of me, not the stuff that is ten steps away from where I am.

Gotta learn that bending time thing, though! :-)

blackmustard said...

What a good idea! I've often tried to outsmart "Linear Time" but I've never outright challenged it like that. I'm going to try it!

Also, those cookies look great! My brother's new girlfriend (awww) is allergic to gluten, so I'll be watching for the recipe. He'll win lots of brownie points (?) with those I'm sure!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone! Yeah ... this came up as a topic in a discussion group last night, and I feel even I will be practicing this more AND paying much closer attention to the ... uhm ... well, let just call them the logistics!

And the GF cookie recipe will be posted - today!

Anonymous said...

Yes, oh yes you do...my time bender friend!!
at least that is my "perception" of you and time.
Missed you the other night, should be able to make it from now on, Justin is driving, and can work my thur shift!!! yay
Sheri