Google+ What I Made Today: Time for Good Folk

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time for Good Folk

The day started early with time made and shared with my friend Brien, one of the eight coordinators for our Forest Folk Festival. He is our liaison for the CT Food Bank and I am the liaison for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. We enjoyed fresh coffee and homemade cheese biscuits as we worked out our festival "workshop" presentation called, "Hunger, Healing & Hope." 

Despite the heat, I made two more loaves of bread. This effort is part of a two-loaf-a-day goal that will ensure me loaves enough to share over the coming weeks with both my mother and my beloved Forest Folk.

This evening my Krazy friend Kate is stopping by to bring me her Forest Folk registrations (she has a few), and visit a bit. She is one of those special friends that surfaced as a gift from the universe when I first moved to Connecticut. We've both grown over the years, in ways similar and different, and we manage still to get together and nurture our friendship together. It's been over thirty years now and for this friendship I am so grateful. Ashe. Ashe.

3 comments:

Divaeva said...

my sweet Rose - I need a favor - can you toss Shannon - a friend of a VERY good friend - into your Reiki healing pot? Hard to believe someone that close has the swine flu and is in intensive care!

Divaeva said...

and making my cpoies of the wonderful FF flyer to hand out in my daily travels...

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Eva ... Shannon is in my intentions!