Google+ What I Made Today: A Completed Resurrection

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Completed Resurrection


All my little 2008 watercolor ACEOs have been resurrected and are available for sale at my ArtFire Studio. This resurrection came on the tail of a request for their return and I am delighted that, as a result, the watercolors have made their way back to my work table!

These little paintings are made through a meditative method where my core focus hones in on the pure, organic creative process. I give the color palette some conscious consideration, but paint with no image in mind. The shapes and colors are allowed to make manifest on their own terms, not mine, and so emerge from a deep, peaceful and healing place within. It is a remarkably freeing technique and I love it!

I hope that you appreciate these little outcomes as much as I do the experience of being a vessel of their manifestation.

Peace.

13 comments:

catinalife said...

Lovely art....makes me think of mandalas also. Great colors.

Erica said...

These make me think of stained glass! pretty! I want to work on some aceo's too...

one of many things on my list of things to do!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

How pretty! I'm glad you decided to free them into the world instead of keeping them tucked away!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

catinalife ~ I do drawings and watercolors in circle form, call them "mandala meditations." :)

I hope you do Erica - make some ACEOs, that is. There's something especially charming about working so small. And then again, I feel I'm gearing up to do some larger pieces!

Thank you Lilac. :)

ODP - It *does* feel good to free them! Thanks for the kind words!

Tammie Lee said...

gorgeous pieces, but then you know i love them because i have one! Left you a message on your whisper site. xo

Joanne Olivieri said...

These are gorgeous little mosaics. What is so cool is that I can see stories withing the artwork. Very creative, unique and beautiful.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

:) Thanks Tammie ... is it the faerie that you have? I believe it may be ... I had forgotten about that piece - I remember painting it and how charmed I was by the outcome!

Poetic ~ I am glad to know that stories emerge - if not for all, at least for some. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Julia said...

Those are wonderful and beautiful and so pretty. I would love to put those on my walls.

Kim said...

You have been up to a lot in my "time" a way. So many beautiful and tasty things.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you Julia!

I missed you Kim - glad you're back!

Tammie Lee said...

yes, it is the fairie!

Vixen said...

Amazing. I can't even think of words to tell you how impressed I am with your talent. I love them.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Wow Vixen - you are too kind! Thanks, I appreciate your very sweet words!