Google+ What I Made Today: Apple Starts

Monday, October 26, 2009

Apple Starts


Today I went apple picking with a new and rather wonderful friend. You know, those rare folk with whom you feel a subtle, yet undeniable connection. So I came home with apples. Many apples, and now have many apple-ish projects lined up for the days ahead. But today I made the first batch of brandied applesauce and started - what you see here in the photo - a batch of apple-cardamom brandy cordial.

That's what I made today.

11 comments:

studioseventyfive said...

I should have made something like that when I went apple picking. Looks yummy!

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

MMMMM....now that looks lovely!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds so wonderful!

Divaeva said...

No kidding - ditto what MrsB said!

Vixen said...

Oh I must try some of that...maybe you should send me the recipe?!

Julia said...

I am guessing there is a 2nd step somewhere?? But you will show it later right?

Meghann said...

....and my mouth is watering! You are so talented! I hope it all tastes absolutely amazing and is enjoyed with good friends :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks for the comments! I was busy most of the day today with assorted apple tasks!

Julia ... I suppose I will (but I'm not all that reliable about posting such follow-ups!) ... but it's simple. I macerate the fruit/herb in the brandy for 6-8 weeks, then strain. At that point I add sugar to taste, bottle and put the bottle in a cool, dark place for several months. The taste mellows over time, so patience pays off!

Kim said...

Sounds great!

*aja said...

Yum...that looks very nice. I very much like the idea of cordials. I would like to drink them more!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Cordials are such a delight ... something even our most prudish of grandmothers would imbibe on occasion - and make!